Clarice is a telecoms, media and technology lawyer based in Hong Kong with a substantial data protection practice. With over 20 years of experience, she advises clients on corporate, commercial and regulatory matters in the TMT sector.
She advises the region's leading telecoms operators, media companies, technology companies, payments companies and institutional investors on:
- Commercial matters such as advising, drafting and negotiating on supply and manufacturing agreements, terms and conditions of supply and purchase, sales, marketing, advertising and promotion agreements, representation, agency, distributorship and franchise arrangements, joint ventures, co-operation and collaboration agreements, strategic partnerships, technology procurement and outsourcing, licensing, research, development and exploitation agreements, franchising, licencing & multi-channel strategies.
- Regulatory matters including telecommunications regulatory licensing in Hong Kong and China and related foreign investment controls and restrictions, e-commerce regulations, the adoption of cloud strategies, and more recently, advising on regulatory issues relating to the adoption of NFT, blockchain and AI.
Clarice advises clients on data protection issues across the APAC region, in particular in relation to data governance, data protection compliance gap analysis and implementation projects involving the GDPR, the China Personal Information Protection Law, Data Security Law and Cyber Security Law, and Hong Kong data protection compliance, and working on multi-jurisdictional data projects. Key areas of experience include advising on:
- Privacy impact assessments and audit compliance
- Managing and handling of data/cybersecurity breaches
- Data export strategies in particular in relation to cross border transfer issues for China, Hong Kong and other Asian regions
- Privacy policies, notices and consent forms, marketing, website and cookies, data subject access requests and the handling of such requests
- Data protection issues relating to cloud outsourcing, communications interception issues and engagement with regulators
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong SAR 2000
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2001
Awards and citations
- Next Generation Partner
Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2020, 2022 and 2023
- Ranked as a leading individual for Privacy and Data Protection
Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2022
- Listed on the “The A List” 100 elite lawyers for foreign law firms
China Business Law Journal 2021
- Listed in Expert Listings for Privacy and Data Protection Expert Guides
Women in Business Law 2020, 2021