Romesh Weeramantry is a Special Counsel in the International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution practice of Clifford Chance. He specialises in public international law and investment treaty claims.
His publications include: International Commercial Arbitration: An Asia-Pacific Perspective (Kluwer 2023); The Hong Kong Arbitration Ordinance: Commentary and Annotations (2nd edition, Sweet & Maxwell 2015) (General Editor); Treaty Interpretation in Investment Arbitration (Oxford UP 2012). He is Global Fellow at the National University of Singapore Centre for International Law; a Senior Fellow at the University of Melbourne Law School; a General Editor of the Asian Dispute Review, a member of the Editorial Board of the ICSID Review; and was a member of the IBA Sub-Committee on Investment Treaty Arbitration.
Romesh is a member of the Political Change team.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Perth
- +61 8 9262 5520
- Email me
- Practice area Litigation, dispute resolution & risk management
Career and qualifications
- Admitted as a barrister in Victoria, Australia 1993
- Registered as a Foreign Legal Consultant, Hong Kong 2013
- Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Hong Kong 2013
- Joined Clifford Chance 2013