Kristian Maley's practice focuses on resolving construction disputes on major projects across the mining, oil and gas, building, and infrastructure sectors. His experience extends to all major forms of dispute resolution, as well as assisting owners and contractors with contract and claims management.
- Acting for John Holland (as in-house legal counsel) against government clients and subcontractors in relation to major building and infrastructure construction projects in Australia.
- Acting for Duro Felguera in a SIAC arbitration against Samsung C&T Corporation relating to the construction of the Roy Hill Iron Ore mine in Western Australia.
- Acting for both head contractors and owners in a number of disputes against Chinese suppliers of mining and handling equipment for Australian resources projects, including in an UNCITRAL arbitration in Singapore.
View all news and client work featuring Kristian Maley
Career and qualifications
Murdoch University (BA LLB) 2008
- Lawyer, Middletons 2009
- Lawyer, Allens 2011
- Associate, Jones Day 2014
- King's College London (MSc Construction Law) 2015
- Legal Counsel, John Holland 2018
- Joined Clifford Chance 2020
Fellow and Councillor of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Chair of the CIArb Australia Young Member's Group