Clifford Chance attains Gold Medal status in EcoVadis sustainability assessment
8 February 2023
Global (all regions)
EcoVadis has recognised Clifford Chance with a Gold Medal status for 2022, placing Clifford Chance in the top 5% of all businesses assessed by EcoVadis.
Clifford Chance has been recognised with a gold medal for its sustainability efforts, which highlights progress made over the course of the last year, and places the firm in the top 5% of companies assessed by EcoVadis and top 2% of those firms assessed within the legal and accounting services sector. Examples include:
- Setting near-term science-based targets for 2030 as a key element to our longer-term commitment to reach net-zero global emissions by 2050 at the latest
- Creating highly sustainable workplaces with recent examples including our Perth, Sydney, Singapore and Dubai offices
- Co-founding the Net Zero Lawyers Alliance
- Presenting at the CIPS Procurement Futures event where we discussed our sustainable procurement programme and how organisations can create diverse and inclusive supply chains
- Ranking Number 1 in Stonewall's Top 100 Employers of 2023
- Driving sustainable change through our Cornerstone Initiative, which aims to improve wellbeing in the poorest communities in Kigali, Rwanda
Clifford Chance partnered with EcoVadis in 2020 to help monitor the sustainability performance of the firm and its suppliers against a globally recognised methodology aligned to the UN Global Compact, International Labour Organisation, Global Reporting Initiative and ISO26000.
"We are very pleased that EcoVadis recognises Clifford Chance with Gold Status," said Roger Leese, Global Co-Head of Business and Human Rights and Deputy Chair of the Responsible Business Board.
"The performance reflects our longstanding Responsible Business strategy and the importance we place on the use of data to measure our success. We look forward to continuing to track our performance and the specific metrics that validate our progress as we continue to become a more sustainable business."
Clifford Chance is an active member of the UN Global Compact and for the for the first time in 2022 we completed a Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) submission as part of our responsible business reporting, and to provide greater visibility of climate-related risks and opportunities associated with our business. You can read more about the firm's Responsible Business strategy in its Responsible Business report 2022: Acting Responsibly.
Clifford Chance is one of the world's pre-eminent law firms, with significant depth and range of resources across five continents.
EcoVadis is a trusted global supplier of business sustainability ratings.