26 July 2019
Global (all regions)
International law firm Clifford Chance has been named top legal advisor in a dozen influential transaction league tables published by Inframation and IJGlobal this month.
Inframation and SparkSpread 1H 2019 League Table and Trend Report ranked Clifford Chance the number 1 Global Legal Advisor and Europe Legal Advisor by deal value, and top legal advisor in EMEA and Middle East & Africa by deal volume. The firm also secured the first place by both deal value and deal volume on the report's Global Transport and Global Power sector league tables.
Separately, IJGlobal H1 2019 Infrastructure and Project Finance League Table Report awarded Clifford Chance the top spot on the Europe Infrastructure Finance, Transport Infrastructure Finance, Europe Project Finance and Power Project Finance league tables by deal value.
Clifford Chance's top ranking in these influential transaction tables demonstrates the firm's leading position and expertise in the global infrastructure and project finance space. In the first half of 2019, Clifford Chance advised a wide range of landmark infrastructure and project finance transactions across multiple jurisdiction, including advising:
- Elenia Oy, the second largest electricity distribution system operator in Finland, on the successful divestment of its district heating business, Elenia Lämpö Oy (Elenia Heat)
- the Senior Lenders and Hedge Providers in the multi-currency financing of the "Autopista Al Mar 1" toll road project in Colombia
- Deutsche Bank as lender and mandated lead arranger on the financing of the construction and the operation of a photovoltaic plant of 300 MW in Talaván, Spain
- the Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority in relation to the procurement of a 1800MW gas-fired power plant in Al Hamriyah
- Dalmore and Equitix on their proposed acquisition of a stake in Cross London Trains from 3i Infrastructure
- Partners Group on the acquisition of CapeOmega AS, the Norway-based oil and gas company engaged in providing infrastructure for transporting natural gas
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets on the sale of shares in DCT Gdańsk S.A. to PSA International Ptd Ltd (PSA), the Polish Development Fund (PFR) and the IFM Global Infrastructure Fund (GIF) managed by IFM Investors