Ty'Meka M. Reeves-Sobers advises on environmental-related risks in transactions, as well as environmental regulation. She counsels clients on a broad spectrum of complex corporation transactions, including M&A, capital markets, real estate, and finance matters. She has extensive experience identifying, evaluating, and mitigating environmental, health and safety regulatory and compliance issues, navigating permitting processes, and developing strategies on enforcement action negotiations and environmental crisis response.
- I Squared Capital in its acquisition of a majority interest in the Whistler Pipeline.
- Bernhard Capital Partners in its US$484 million acquisition of Entergy’s gas distribution business.
- Allied Group Holdings, LLC, a Bernhard Capital Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of Dominion Engineering, Inc.
- United Utility Services, a Bernhard Capital Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition from Westinghouse Electric Company of BHI Power Delivery, a specialty utility transmission and distribution services provider.
- Ares’s Infrastructure and Power strategy in its US$600 million strategic equity investment in SB Energy, SoftBank Group Corp.’s US Climate Infrastructure Technology platform.
- Bluescape Clean Fuels, LLC, in its definitive business combination agreement with CENAQ Energy Corp., a special purpose acquisition company focused on energy and energy transition.
- Tailwater Capital, together with its portfolio company, Producers Midstream II, in its acquisition of Midcoast Energy’s Anadarko gathering and processing (G&P) system and a 35% interest in the Texas Express Gathering (TEG) system.
- Trilantic North America as lead investor in its acquisition of a controlling interest and significant equity funding for Powin Energy, a global leader in the design and manufacture of safe and scalable battery energy storage solutions.
- KKR in its definitive agreements with NextEra Energy Resources and NextEra Energy Partners, LP to acquire a large portfolio of renewables assets.
- EQT Corp. (NYSE: EQT) in its US$735 million acquisition of Chevron USA’s upstream and midstream assets in the Appalachian Basin.
- Blackbuck Resources, a portfolio company of Cresta Fund Management, in its acquisition of Cimarex Energy Co.’s Whites City produced water gathering and disposal infrastructure system in Eddy County, New Mexico and execution of a long-term produced water management agreement with Cimarex that includes a 15-year dedication encompassing more than 40,000 acres.
- Castleton Resources LLC in its acquisition of Terryville upstream assets in Northern Louisiana from subsidiaries of Range Resources Corporation for US$245 million plus contingent payments tied to future commodity prices.
- BCE-Mach III LLC, an affiliate of Bayou City Energy Management and Mach Resources, in its acquisition of Alta Mesa Holdings, LP and its subsidiaries’ upstream oil and gas assets and Kingfisher Midstream, LLC and its subsidiaries’ midstream assets as part of the 363 sales process of the debtor.
- Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. in its decision to acquire the Williston Basin properties of VEN Bakken, LLC for US$310 million.
- Ridgewood Infrastructure in its acquisition of Waste Resources Management.
- The Heritage Group in EQT Infrastructure’s majority state investment in Heritage Environmental Services.
- Brightstar Capital Partners in its acquisition of Douglas Products.
- VLS Environmental Solutions, an I Squared Capital portfolio company, in its acquisitions of Texas Molecular and SRE Environmental.
- I Squared Capital in its acquisition of VLS Environmental Solutions, a customized waste and specialty cleaning and repair services provider.
- Brightstar Capital Partners in its acquisition of Douglas Products, a specialty products manufacturer.
- LyondellBasell on definitive agreements with Sasol to form a 50/50 polyethylene joint venture through which LyondellBasell acquired 50 percent of select assets in Louisiana for a total consideration of US$2 billion.
- Bernhard Capital Partners in the sale of Charah Solutions Inc., a provider of environmental services and byproduct recycling to the power generation industry, to SER Capital Partners.
- LEMOINE, a Bernhard Capital Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of Macro Companies, a leading emergency fuel and water supplier.
- SK Capital Partners, on its agreement to acquire Apotex Pharmaceutical Holdings, Inc., a Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces generic medicines across all major therapeutic areas.
- Olympus Partners in its acquisition of EyeSouth Partners (EyeSouth), an eye care management services organization.
- Atlantic Aviation, a KKR portfolio company, in its acquisition of Ross Aviation.
- KKR in its US$4.475 billion acquisition of the Atlantic Aviation business of Macquarie Infrastructure Corp.
- Custom Truck One Source (CTOS), a Blackstone portfolio company, in its US$1.475 billion sale to Nesco Holdings, Inc.
Capital Markets/Public Company Matters
- Six Flags Entertainment Corporation in its US$8 billion merger of equals with Cedar Fair.
- Kodiak Gas Services, Inc. in its US$256 million initial public offering.
- Underwriters in its US$110 million follow-on equity offering by Golar LNG Limited.
* Experience prior joining Clifford Chance
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Ursuline College, Legal Studies (BA) 2011
- University of Texas at Austin School of Law, (JD with Honours) 2015
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law Texas, 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance as Partner 2023
Awards and citations
- Named 2023 Environmental Rising Star by Law360
- Recognized in The Legal 500 US for Environment: Transactional, 2022–2023
- Recognized as “Up and Coming” for Environment: Mainly Transactional (Texas) by Chambers USA, 2022–2023