Mark Pesso heads the global Debt and Claims Trading practice. He represents commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset management firms, investment funds, special purpose vehicles, hedge funds and other entities in the areas of supply chain finance and trade receivables finance markets, loan and trade claims trading in the United States and European secondary trading markets, CDO and loan portfolio transactions, creditors' rights and insolvency law, syndicated lending and other related matters.
Mark has particular experience in supply chain/vendor finance, trade finance, factoring and other receivables monetization strategies. Mark also has extensive experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial loan documentation and secondary market trading documentation under Bankers Association for Finance and Trade (BAFT), The Loan Syndications and Trading Association, Inc. (LSTA) and The Loan Market Association (LMA) regimes and has advised clients in connection with thousands of transactions in trade receivables, bank loans, trade claims and credit derivatives in a variety of industries and geographic areas around the world.
- Global financial institution in connection with an export credit agency backed credit facility guaranteed by EHA for a Brazilian industrial chemical company, for the purchase of equipment from international an industrial and technology company.
- Global financial institution in connection with financing the inventory management program for a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, off-highway diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives, which facilitates the efficient uptake of component parts from its manufacturing partners.
- Various institutions on setting up and implementing supply chain and trade receivables financing and trading platforms.
- Various banks in transferring their exposures in receivables financing transactions to other financial institutions.
- Global financial institutions on cross border reverse factoring transactions and receivable purchase agreements.
- Goldman Sachs Co. LLC, as arranger, sole global coordinator and bookrunner and J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Itau BBA USA Securities Inc., as bookrunners in connection with the securitization of the MPC Securities and Amicorp Group, in its capacities as onshore administrative agent, onshore verification agent and onshore calculation agent and manager of the issuer of the B-bond.
- IDB Invest as purchaser of record in connection with an A/B purchase facility for the sale and purchase of up to US$1.8 billion MPC Securities issued by a segregated fund administered by the Chilean Treasury, as part of a program created under the MPC Law to temporarily shield consumers in Chile from electricity tariff increases.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Syracuse University (BS) 1986
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New Jersey 1997
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 1998
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in District of Columbia 1999