Marcin Ciemiński specialises in disputes before state courts and arbitral tribunals, including commercial disputes, public procurement, intellectual property, damages and healthcare cases.
Marcin is also responsible for handling matters concerning white-collar crime, criminal investigations, compliance and crisis management. He advises healthcare and life sciences clients on regulatory issues. As an assistant professor, he lectures in commercial law at the Warsaw University.
- Advising Mondelez Polska S.A. (formerly Kraft Foods Polska S.A.) and its affiliate, LU Polska S.A., on a high-profile dispute with one of its competitors, Lotte Wedel, concerning unfair competition and an infringement of IP rights to "Delicje", well-known Polish jaffa cakes
- Assisting clients with regulatory and internal investigations in Poland and the CEE region, also in connection with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act; representing clients in criminal investigations and criminal proceedings, defending individuals in white-collar criminal cases
- Representing clients in numerous healthcare- and life sciences-related and product liability disputes; assisting clients in the healthcare and life sciences sector with crisis management matters
- Advising clients in multi-million commercial disputes before state courts and arbitral tribunals
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- British Centre for English and European Legal Studies, Warsaw University – Cambridge University 1999
- University of Regensburg (Germany), Socrates-Erasmus scholarship, Faculty of Law 2000
- Warsaw University, Faculty of Law and Administration 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance 2002
- Admitted as an advocate (adwokat) in Poland 2005
- Warsaw University, Faculty of Law and Administration – PhD 2012
- Partner since 2012
- Member of the Warsaw Bar Association (ORA w Warszawie)
Awards and citations
- "Marcin is a very open-minded lawyer with academic expertise. He gives very practical advice and is purely client-oriented."
"I like the very good advice Marcin provides: he has a lot of experience and also he has the ability to discuss legal issues and explain them to non-legal people. He provides clear examples to help us have a good overview."
Chambers Europe 2023, Dispute Resolution – Poland
- Marcin Ciemiński acts on commercial and civil litigation matters and also handles white-collar crime cases. Clients describe Marcin Ciemiński as "pragmatic and responsive."
Chambers Global 2022: Dispute Resolution – Poland
Chambers Europe 2022, White-Collar Crime – Poland
- Marcin Ciemiński acts on commercial and civil litigation matters and also handles white-collar crime cases. Interviewees highlight his "ability to cooperate with others, good knowledge and practical approach."
Chambers Europe 2021, Dispute Resolution - Poland
- Marcin Ciemiński's practice encompasses commercial and civil litigation as well as white-collar crime matters. "He's an efficient litigator, very committed to the client's matters," an interviewee reports, while another client adds: "He provides very quick and immediate advice on anything we need and sometimes we really need something very quickly." He represents banks and pharmaceutical companies.
Chambers Europe 2020, Dispute Resolution – Poland
- Marcin Ciemiński is noted for his commercial and civil litigation expertise as well as his work on white-collar crime matters. He regularly assists with internal investigations into alleged corruption. Sources appreciate that he is "very well organised and very good in terms of knowledge of law," going on to note: "At the same time, he is very co-operative and understanding of clients' needs."
Chambers Global 2019, Dispute Resolution - Poland, White-Collar Crime - Poland
- Marcin Ciemiński's broad practice encompasses commercial, civil and insurance law litigation. He is particularly active in white-collar crime investigations, including corruption allegations. His communication skills are much valued, as one source says: "He is down-to-earth and gives precise and to-the-point answers," and another source adds: "He's very easy to work with," explaining further that "he's service-minded and responds very quickly."
Chambers Global 2018, Dispute Resolution - Poland