Thomas Fisher specialises in advising leading private equity sponsors and infrastructure funds on domestic and cross-border M&A, in particular across the range of infrastructure sectors. Thomas has extensive experience advising on all stages of the investment cycle, including acquisitions and disposals, leveraged buy-outs, joint ventures and minority investments, management incentive arrangements, refinancings and corporate restructurings.
- Advising KKR on its US750m investment in Zenobē, a global market leader in electrification-as-a-service solutions for fleets, and battery storage solutions for grid network infrastructure
- Igneo Infrastructure Partners (the Infrastructure arm of First Sentier Investors) on its disposal of Coriance to a consortium comprising infrastructure fund, Vauban Infrastructure Partners and French state-owned banking group, Caisse des Dépôts. Coriance is a French headquartered business operating district heating and cooling concessions in France and Belgium.
- Macquarie Asset Management on its acquisition of Roadchef, a leading UK motorway service area operator, from Antin Infrastructure Partners*
- Wren House on its acquisition of Voyage Care, a specialist social care provider in the UK, from Duke Street and Partners Group*
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on its sale of Kellas Midstream, a North Sea midstream infrastructure business, to a consortium of GIC and Blackrock*
- InfraRed Capital Partners on the separate sales of its European Real Estate fund management businesses to ARA Asset Management and its Asian Real Estate fund management businesses to BentallGreenOak*
- 3i Group on its 65% sale of Scandlines, a Danish ferry operator, to a consortium of First State and Hermes and its subsequent minority re- investment
- 3i Group on its acquisition of the Infinis Group, a UK landfill gas generator, from Terra Firma
- Ardian on the sale of 49% of London Luton Airport to AMP Capital
- GIP on its US$5 billion acquisition of Equis Energy, a Singaporean based renewable energy company with power assets across Asia
- OTPP and USS on their acquisition of the Westerleigh Group, a UK crematorium developer and operator, from Antin Infrastructure Partners
- Iberdrola on its sale of Scottish Power’s portfolio of pumped storage, hydro and gas-fired generation assets, to Drax Group
- Partners Group on its simultaneous acquisitions and merger of Ammeraal Beltech (from Advent) and Megadyne Group (from Astorg), two global transmission and conveyor belting manufacturers
- Partners Group on its acquisition of Civica, a specialist IT system and outsourcing services company based in the UK, from OMERS Private Equity
- Cinven and CVC on their acquisition of the NewDay Group, a consumer finance provider specialising in the UK credit card market, from Värde Partners
- Permira on its minority investment in Klarna, a Nordic online payment services provider, the first investment of its new Growth Opportunities Fund
- Apax Partners on the M&A workstream of its dual track exit of Evry, a leading Nordic IT company, which resulted in a €1.2bn Initial Public Offering on the Oslo Stock Exchange
- THI Investments (a German pan-European family office) on various transactions including, (i) the co-investment in European Sperm Bank, a leading European provider of donor sperm and related fertility services, (ii) the acquisition of WJ Group, the UK’s leading specialist road marking business, (iii) the acquisition of Impact Food Group, a UK schools catering business, (iv) the acquisition of RE Panels SA, a European manufacturer of sandwich door panels, (v) the acquisition of Oxford International Education, a UK accredited independent education provider, and (vi) the acquisition of Corndel, a digital and management skills training provider in the UK*
* Experienced gained at previous firm.