Nicholas Rees specialises in domestic and cross-border acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, private equity transactions and minority investments.
Nicholas acts for financial investors and corporate clients in a range of sectors, with a particular focus on Real Assets.
- Nuveen on its acquisition of Glennmont Partners, one of Europe’s largest renewable energy fund managers
- CK Asset Holdings Limited on the acquisition of the holding company of 5 Broadgate in the City for £1 billion
- CK Asset Holdings Limited on its recommended offer for Greene King plc (£4.6 billion)
- Singapore headquartered investment company on its acquisition of a minority stake in LeapFrog Investments, the emerging markets asset manager
- Knight Frank LLP on their global partnership with Cresa Global Inc.
- the Official Receiver on the disposal of the UK and Dutch assets of British Steel to Jingye Group
- GECAS on its strategic joint venture with Israel Aerospace Industries to establish a passenger-to-freighter conversion programme for Boeing 777-300ERSF aircraft
- Avolon, the international aircraft leasing company, on its investment into Vertical Aerospace Ltd., an electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL) manufacturer.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Wales, Cardiff (LLB, First Class Honours) 1993
- Bristol University (LLM, Distinction) 1996
- Joined Clifford Chance 1999
- Partner since 2010
- Clifford Chance Moscow (Head of M&A/PE) 2011 to 2015
Awards and citations
- Endorsed as a Notable Practitioner.
IFLR 1000 2020