Tim Hunter-Jones specialises in aviation finance and leasing. His experience includes advising clients on commercial and ECA-backed financings, operating leases, PDP financings, tax-driven products (such as JOLCOs), sale and purchase transactions and restructurings.
In 2016, Tim completed a secondment in Dublin with CIT Aerospace (subsequently acquired by Avolon).
- Advised Societe Generale and HSBC on the JOLCO financing of three A320neo aircraft for ICBC Financial Leasing with Japanese equity arranged by JP Lease, with aircraft on lease to US airlines Frontier and Spirit*
- Advised easyJet on the landmark UKEF-backed $1.87bn term loan facility provided by a syndicate of 10 banks and secured by an initial portfolio of 49 A320 aircraft (Airfinance Journal Bank Loan Deal of the Year, 2021)*
- Advised Aergo Capital on the Islamic limited recourse financing of one A350-900 aircraft and one B787-10 aircraft with Dubai Islamic Bank in conjunction with a sale and leaseback to Singapore Airlines (Airline Economics Middle East & Africa Editor's Deal of the Year, 2021)*
- Advised Bain Capital on the acquisition by Titan Aircraft Investments, a joint venture between Bain Capital and Titan Aviation Holdings (an affiliate of Atlas Air), of one B777F aircraft and the leasing of the aircraft to Southern Air*
* Experience prior to joining Clifford Chance
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Nottingham (BA, History) 2009
- King's College London (MA, Modern History) 2010
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance 2022
- Law Society of England and Wales
Awards and citations
- Recognised as a Key Lawyer, Transport Finance and Leasing (2022 and 2023)