Laura Hasson advises a broad range of clients on complex commercial, financial and civil fraud matters and has significant trial experience.
Laura's disputes experience involves advising on high value and complex commercial matters, often involving multiple jurisdictions. Laura has particular expertise in trust litigation and is one of the key members of the private wealth and trusts disputes team.
- Advising a sovereign wealth fund in relation to an arbitration, litigation proceedings and investigations in multiple jurisdictions associated with an international conspiracy to launder funds
- Acting for a high-net-worth-individual in an LCIA arbitration in respect of shareholder dispute over control of a business
- Advising a family of beneficiaries in respect of complex cross-jurisdictional proceedings (US and Jersey)
- Advising an institutional trustee in respect of a complex restructuring in which the beneficiaries are in dispute
- Advising mining company in respect of a terminated acquisition as a result of a "geotechnical event" constituting a MAE
- Acting for a consortium of international oil companies in ICC arbitration regarding attempted sale of an oil mining lease.
- Advising individual directors of a global business in respect of a threatened derivative claim by minority shareholders, the minority interest being family owned
- Acting for a European bank in claims brought by a social housing association in relation to derivatives transactions
- Acting for a pharmaceutical company in relation to claims brought by a large generic medicines business in the English High Court for breach of contract, economic duress, the tort of intimidation and conspiracy in relation to the manufacture of a drug
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Warwick 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance 2013
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2015
Awards and citations
- Rising Star in Legal 500 for Contentious Trusts and Probate for 2022
- Top 35 Under 35, 2022 eprivateclient
- Rising Star in Legal 500 for Contentious Trusts and Probate for 2021