Joshua advises private equity firms, portfolio investments, corporates and other financial investors on a wide range of corporate matters.
He has broad experience advising on domestic and cross-border private M&A transactions (including buyouts and corporate carve-outs), co-investment arrangements and joint ventures across a range of sectors including real estate, infrastructure and technology. He also regularly advises on management incentivisation arrangements, restructuring and other general corporate advice.
Joshua spent a year on secondment at Bain Capital from May 2021 working closely with the real estate investment team on all aspects of their portfolio acquisitions, disposals and joint venture/asset management arrangements.
- Advising KKR on its $750m investment in Zenobe, a market leading transport electrification and battery storage company.
- Advising funds managed by Permira on the acquisition of a majority stake in Acuity Knowledge Partners from Equistone Partners Europe.
- Advising Igneo Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of Coriance, a developer and operator of urban heating and cooling networks by a bidding consortium.
- Advising KKR on a number of acquisitions and disposals of real estate assets, including on the sale of three logistics assets to Clarion Partners.
- Advising Arjun Infrastructure on its acquisition of a 24% stake in Altitude Infra an operator in the French telecommunications infrastructure sector.
- Advising Bain Capital on a number of acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and co-investment arrangements relating to investments across Europe, including:*
- Establishing logistics platforms in Italy and Poland.
- Acquisition of 60 Sloane Avenue, London for $220m.
- Establishing a Spanish hotels platform with operating partner, Stoneweg.
- Acquisition of a 285 key hotel on Lake Como, Italy for development into a 5* Marriot Edition hotel.
- Acquisition of the Estel Building, Barcelona for €120m.
- Acquisition of the Mercuriales Towers, Paris.
- Acquisition of several non-performing loan portfolios.
- Advising Melrose Industries PLC on the sale of BRUSH.*
- Advising King Street on the acquisition of a multi-use real estate asset in Lisbon, Portugal and related joint venture arrangements.*
- Advising Link REIT on its acquisition of The Cabot, an office building in Canary Wharf, for £380m.*
- Advising Inspirit Capital on its agreement to acquire the global energy business of Lloyd’s Register Group.*
- Advising EMK Capital on the acquisition of Trustonic.*
- Advising Bregal and EMK Capital on the disposal of three specialist recruitment businesses.*
- Advised a global supplier of programmable logic devices with its $400m acquisition of a company specialising in application-optimised network solutions and data centers.*
- Advising a global technology, consulting and operations company on a $275m acquisition of a digital enterprise and cloud transformation consultancy.*
- Advising a global healthcare company on its $200m disposal of a division of its business.*
- Advising Maas Capital on a £160m joint venture with Solarplicity relating to a solar energy project.*
* prior to joining Clifford Chance
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Exeter (BA PPE) 2011
- The University of Law (Bachelor of Laws LLB) 2013
- Admitted as solicitor in England & Wales 2015
- Seconded to Bain Capital May 2021
- Joined Clifford Chance LLP as a Senior Associate May 2022