Jing Tang is a Senior Associate in Clifford Chance's Global Asset Finance Group, based in London. Jing has been the lead associate on a broad range of complex transactions, including JOLCO financings, portfolio and warehouse financings, ABS transactions, direct airline financings, sale and leasebacks, operating and finance leases, aircraft portfolio sales and acquisitions, joint venture establishment, and M&A transactions involving aircraft leasing companies. She also has experiences in financing in the energy industry (including oil and gas, and wind farms), particularly in the South Asian region.
Jing is dual qualified in England & Wales and in New York
- Acting for Goshawk Aviation Limited including the set up of their leasing platform.
- Advised CK Asset Holdings in the sale of AMCK’s aviation business to Carlyle, with a headline price of US$4.28 billion.
- Advised CTFE and NWS in the conclusion of the sale agreement for the sale of Goshawk’s aviation business to SMBC for a cash consideration of US$1.6 billion at an enterprise value of US$6.7 billion.
- Advised Airborne Capital Limited in the establishment of various leasing platforms, including Tailwind, Pine Cone Aviation Limited and Aurora Lights Aviation Limited. Advised on portfolio acquisitions, warehouse financing and refinancing by these platforms, including Airborne's inaugural US$637 million ABS transaction for Tailwind.
- Acting for Investec Bank plc including their portfolio financings.
- Advising various lessors and financiers in relation to distressed airlines, including in connection with Avianca’s Chapter 11 process, business rehabilitation of Thai Airways, the business reorganisation of the Hainan group of airlines, and Garuda’s PKPU process.
- Advising various lessors on issues and actions in connection with leases to Russian operators following the sanctions being imposed on Russia.
- Advised syndicates of lenders on finance leases in respect of semiconductor manufacturing equipment of over $1 billion to the Globalfoundries group.
- Advised various lenders on financing of dual fuel power plants to the Summit group.
- Advised various lenders on financing of wind farms to CLP.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Cambridge (BA, Law) 2009
- Boston University (LL.M.) 2011
- Admitted as solicitor in England & Wales 2013
- Admitted as attorney in New York 2014