James Lloyd-Thomas specialises in advising UK-listed and international corporate enterprises, as well as financial investors, on domestic and cross-border M&A, joint ventures and minority investments.
James has a particular focus on the aviation, industrials, energy and infrastructure, and real estate sectors. He also advises clients on general company law, corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters.
- Arçelik on its joint venture with Whirlpool Corporation to create a new standalone business in the European home appliances sector
- DuluxGroup on the €1.26 billion acquisition of Cromology, a pan-European paints manufacturer and distributor, from Wendel
- The Wellcome Trust, a charitable foundation, on the sale by it and Goldman Sachs of iQ Student Accommodation to Blackstone for £4.7 billion
- Network Rail on the £1.46 billion disposal of its Commercial Estate business (a portfolio of c.5,500 railway arches across England and Wales) to a consortium comprising Blackstone and Telereal Trillium
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- St Hugh's College, Oxford (MA, Modern History) 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2012
- Judicial Assistant to the High Court (Chancery Division) 2013
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2014