Eleanor Matthews specialises in investigations, regulatory enforcement actions and compliance matters.
Eleanor has worked with a variety of corporate and financial services clients on a broad range of matters, including actions brought by UK regulatory authorities, complex cross-border investigations, internal investigations, and governance reviews.
In 2019, Eleanor was seconded to the Compliance department of a multinational corporation. She has also been seconded to the litigation department of a global bank.
- Advising various firms in relation to internal investigations, including regarding concerns raised by whistle-blowers and through raising concerns platforms.
- Advising a UK bank in relation to an investigation by the Payments Systems Regulator regarding compliance with the Payment Services Regulations 2017.
- Advising a payments institution in relation to an investigation by the Payments Systems Regulator regarding compliance with the Interchange Fee Regulation 2015.
- Advising a global bank with respect to an investigation into compliance with sanctions legislation.
- Advising a UK bank in relation to a joint investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority regarding an outsourcing failure.
- Advising a number of firms in relation to governance and controls reviews.
- Advising banks and other financial services firms on the implementation of the Senior Manager and Certification Regime.