Alex is an insurance disputes specialist with more than 6 years' experience advising on contentious (re)insurance issues across a range of lines including aviation, professional indemnity, Directors & Officers (D&O), cyber, property (including business interruption), marine, and political risk.
Alex routinely advises on complex coverage litigation and arbitration. He has acted in some of the most high-profile coverage disputes in recent years. In addition to advising on coverage issues, Alex regularly advises on policy wordings in which he has extensive experience of advising both insureds and insurers.
Alex has significant experience of professional negligence disputes and insurance issues arising in relation to them.
- Advising a number of lessors in the English Commercial Court in relation to insurance claims relating to the loss of aircraft which the lessors had formerly leased to Russian airlines and which have been retained in Russia
- Acting, including in the Supreme Court, in the test case brought by the FCA in relation to coverage of COVID-19 business interruption losses.
- Advising major corporates on the full range of issues arising under liability policies including professional indemnity and D&O policies.
- Advising in multiple sets of arbitral proceedings relating to the reinsurance of COVID-19 business interruption losses.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics and Political Science (BSc Geography with Economics), 2013
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales, 2018
- Secondment to global insurer, 2022