Emily Wicker focuses on secured lending and leasing transactions with an emphasis on aircraft leasing and financing.
Emily is experienced in all aspects of aircraft finance, leasing and related restructuring transactions, including pre-delivery payment facilities, aircraft and spare parts credit facilities, EETCs and similar structured finance transactions.
- British Airways in its 2018 issuance of US$608.5 million Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates (EETCs) incorporating Japanese Operating Leases with Call Option
- LATAM Airlines Group S.A. in its inaugural issuance of US$1.02 billion EETCs; Structured Financing of the Year, Latin Finance Awards 2016; Finance Deal of the Year - American Lawyer Awards 2016
- A syndicate of insurers in the first AFIC Aircraft Non-Payment Insured aircraft financing involving leases of 747 and 787 aircraft to Korean Air Lines; Overall Deal of the Year - AirFinance Journal Awards 2017
- Global Jet Capital in its BJETS 2018-1 offering, the first securitization of exclusively business jet assets, and in BJETS 2018-2 and BJETS 2019-1 offerings
- The Carlyle Group in the formation of Global Jet Capital and in the acquisition financing of a portfolio of over US$2 billion of business jets
- Mizuho on the JPY11.939 billion Anatolia Pass Through Trust, Trust Beneficial Interests and Asset Backed Loans Series 2015-1 with respect to three Airbus A321 Aircraft subject to Japanese Operating Leases to Turkish Airlines; Capital Markets – EETC Deal of the Year, Airfinance Journal Awards 2015
- DNA Alpha Limited in its US$630 million offering of Series 2013-1 EETCs secured by 4 Airbus A380 aircraft leased to Emirates
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Dartmouth College (BA) 1996
- University of Virginia School of Law (JD) 1999
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2013
Awards and citations
- Emily Wicker is ranked Band 2 in Chambers USA 2020: Transportation: Aviation: Finance (Nationwide) and she is the highest ranked woman in the category.
- “Emily Wicker regularly leads significant aircraft leasing agreements, including AFIC and EETC transactions. "She is a fantastic attorney," extols one source, while another notes: "She is technically adept and has a huge amount of experience".”
Chambers USA 2020: Transportation: Aviation: Finance (Nationwide)
- Emily Wicker is ranked Band 2 in Chambers USA: Transportation: Aviation: Finance (Nationwide) where she is highlighted by the market for representing banks and lessors, as part of a broader client base.
Chambers USA 2018: Transportation: Aviation: Finance (Nationwide)
- Emily is recognized as a Leading Lawyer by Legal 500 USA in Transport: Aviation and Air Travel-Finance.
- She is also listed in Super Lawyers and was named one of fifteen "Rising Stars" by AirFinance Journal in 2010.