Tom Lin specialises in M&A and corporate finance with a particular focus on private equity transactions.
Tom advises private equity houses, other financial investors and corporates on a wide range of matters, including buyouts, secondaries, joint ventures, MBOs, minority and co-investments, public M&A, management incentives and restructurings. His experience covers healthcare, financial services, infrastructure, renewables, consumer, education, industrials, logistics and real estate.
He has been based in Singapore since 2011 and previously served as in-house counsel at the private equity arm of an international financial institution.
- The investor consortium on their sale of PRASAC Microfinance to Kookmin Bank
- Blackstone on its investment in Indian test-preparation major Aakash Educational Services
- ICG Strategic Equity on various secondary situations including the spin-out of SCB's PE Unit and the acquisition of a 35-asset portfolio across Southeast Asia, India, China, South Korea and MENA (PEI's Asia Secondaries Deal of the Year
- CVC on its 50 percent acquisition of Thai consumer finance business Ngern Tid Lor from Bank of Ayudhya
- BlackRock on its acquisition of a 28 project portfolio from J&V Energy, its first solar investment in Taiwan
- TPG Capital on its investment in Thai IVF business Jetanin
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Melbourne (LLB, BA) 2007
- Articled Clerk and Solicitor, Clayton Utz 2007
- Associate, White & Case 2011
- Standard Chartered Private Equity 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance 2017
- Partner since 2020
Awards and citations
- Recognised as a "key figure on the private equity side" and a Rising Star
Legal 500 2020 Corporate and M&A: Foreign Firms