Kai Schneider is the head of the Funds and Investment Management group in Singapore. He is a US qualified lawyer with over 20 years of specialist experience in the funds sector and advises clients on the formation of and investment in a wide variety of private equity funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds and credit funds.
Kai regularly advises sponsors on accessing the US and EU markets as well as on regional licensing and securities laws. He also counsels clients on co-investments, secondaries and spin outs.
Kai is Co-Chair of the Executive Committee of the Singapore Funds Market Group (FMG) and a member of the Advocacy Subcommittee of the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA) and the Singapore Executive Committee of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA). He has been ranked in Chambers Global and Legal 500 since 2012.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- American University (BA, International Studies) 1998
- University of Baltimore School of Law (JD) 2001
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the District of Colombia 2003
- Georgetown University Law Center (LLM) 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance as Senior Associate 2005
- Rejoined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2013
- Qualified to advise on Singapore law (finance, corporate and commercial) 2020
- Co-Chair of the Executive Committee of the Singapore Funds Market Group (FMG)
- Member of the Advocacy Subcommittee of the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA)
- Member of the Singapore Executive Committee of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA)
Awards and citations
- "He's very holistic and commercial and he's a very solid sounding board. He has an excellent grasp of fund formation and funds globally.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
- Kai is described as, "incredible, technical and commercial, with a balanced approach.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- "Very charismatic and knowledgeable" Kai Schneider is lauded as "one of the market leaders".
Chambers Global 2016
- Satisfied clients describe him as "a natural problem solver who is truly an expert in his field."
Chambers Global 2015
- "Up-and-coming individuals"
Chambers Global 2013
- "Skilled lawyer" Kai Schneider "knows his stuff very well," according to satisfied sources.
Chambers Global 2013
- He is "efficient, reliable, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with."
Chambers Global 2012