Kai Schneider is the head of the Funds and Investment Management group in Singapore. He is a US qualified lawyer with over 15 years of specialist experience in the funds sector and advises clients on the formation of and investment in a wide variety of private investment funds.
Kai regularly advises sponsors on accessing the US market as well as on regional licensing and securities laws. He also counsels clients on complex joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Kai is a member of the Advocacy Subcommittee of the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA) and the Singapore Regulatory Committee of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA). He is recognised as an Up-and-Coming Partner and ranked in Chambers Global and Legal 500 since 2012.
ILPA Releases Its Model Limited Partnership Agreement
1 November 2019
Singapore Variable Capital Company Bill
25 September 2018
Simplified regulatory regime for venture capital fund managers comes into effect
2 November 2017
MiFID2 for Asia Pacific
24 March 2017
Evolving venture capital landscape in Singapore
17 February 2017
Career and qualifications
- American University (BA, International Studies) 1998
- University of Baltimore School of Law (JD) 2001
- Admitted as an Attorney in Maryland 2001 (inactive)
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the District of Colombia 2003
- Georgetown University Law Center (LLM) 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance as Senior Associate 2005
- Rejoined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2013
- Member of the Advocacy Subcommittee of the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA)
- Member of the Singapore Regulatory Committee of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA)
Awards and citations
- "Very charismatic and knowledgeable" Kai Schneider is lauded as "one of the market leaders".
Chambers Global 2016
- Satisfied clients describe him as "a natural problem solver who is truly an expert in his field."
Chambers Global 2015
- "Up-and-coming individuals"
Chambers Global 2013
- "Skilled lawyer" Kai Schneider "knows his stuff very well," according to satisfied sources.
Chambers Global 2013
- He is "efficient, reliable, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with."
Chambers Global 2012