Fergus Evans specialises in banking, asset finance and leasing including tax driven structures and export credit backed transactions. He has advised clients on various types of financing including syndicated lending, aircraft and asset financing and project financing.
Fergus has worked in several offices for Clifford Chance, including in London, Hanoi, Hong Kong and Bangkok.
- Clifford Chance advised the lenders on a EUR€3.2 billion acquisition financing and subsequent THB 88 billion mandatory tender offer financing for the acquisition of Big C in Thailand – March/April 2016
- Clifford Chance advised the lenders on a USD$600 million revolving and term loan facility for AerCap, the aircraft lessor – January 2016
- Clifford Chance advised the lenders on the refinancing of 10 aircraft for Korean Air Lines – December 2015
- Clifford Chance advised four separate lenders on multi-billion Baht loans to finance a Thai telco’s bid for a 4G licence – November 2015
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Durham University (BA Economics) 1991
- Joined Clifford Chance 1993
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1995
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 2002
- Partner since 2003
Awards and citations
- Department head Fergus Evans is widely highlighted for his work in asset finance, especially in the aviation sector… One interviewee enthused: "He offers excellent, round-the-clock service, attention to detail and a client focus that is second to none."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2015