Paweł Puacz specialises in energy, environment and infrastructure and heads the Energy and Natural Resources Group in the Warsaw office.
His main clients include a range of energy companies and investors. Paweł has advised Polish and foreign companies from the conventional and renewable energy sectors, the heating sector, the oil and gas sector, and the energy-intensive industry sector for many years. His practice is focused on renewable energy, energy transition and climate change issues. This involves M&As in the energy sector, negotiation of energy contracts, regulatory advice, due diligence on energy and environmental projects, project financing and agreements related to trading in energy and gas.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Adam Mickiewicz University (LLM) 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2011
- Partner since May 2022
- Member of the Poznań Bar Association (OIRP w Poznaniu)
- Represents Clifford Chance as a member of CEEP (Central Europe Energy Partners)
Awards and citations
- Paweł Puacz is a respected lawyer with key expertise in the energy sector, particularly regarding transactional mandates. He also advises on regulatory issues. One interviewee describes him as "an expert on energy law and regulation," adding that he is "commercial in his approach and solution-oriented."
Chambers Europe 2022: Energy & Natural Resources - Poland
- Paweł Puacz is experienced in advising international investors on the development of renewable projects in Poland. He has a particular focus on wind energy and also assists with solar projects. He also advises on regulatory issues.
Chambers Europe 2021: Energy & Natural Resources - Poland
- Paweł Puacz focuses on transactions in the energy sector, particularly in the renewables sector, including wind and solar projects. He also assists with the regulatory and trading aspects. He advises both domestic and international energy companies.
Chambers Europe 2020: Energy & Natural Resources – Poland
- Paweł Puacz is respected as a counsel on both transactional and regulatory matters in the energy market, winning high praise from interviewees for his dedication to client interests. One source remarks: "It didn't matter when I was calling, he was always there to answer my questions." He is also an active practitioner in the arbitration field and a respected negotiator.
Chambers Europe 2019, Energy & Natural Resources - Poland
- Paweł Puacz is an experienced practitioner in environmental law. He provides his clients with in-depth analyses of Polish and EU regulations regarding permit applications, environmental impact assessments and the recent legislative and regulatory changes in the water law sector.
Chambers Europe 2019, Environment - Poland