Daniel Kopania specialises in real estate, construction and infrastructure, advising institutional investors, owners, funders, contractors and professional consultants.
Daniel has a wide range of expertise in retail, office, warehouse, residential, mixed-use, energy and industrial plants, as well as PPP and infrastructure projects. He also has unique expertise in negotiating construction contracts.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Nabarro Nathanson, Warsaw 1994
- British Centre for English and European Legal Studies, Warsaw 1995
- CMS Cameron McKenna, Warsaw 1995
- Warsaw University, Law and Administration Faculty 1996
- Secondment to London 1999
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Partner since 2010
- Member of the Warsaw Bar Association (OIRP w Warszawie)
- Polish Society of the Construction Law
Awards and citations
- Daniel Kopania heads the real estate and construction practice. He is highly regarded for his market-leading expertise in both real estate and construction. "Daniel is Clifford Chance's star lawyer," enthuses one commentator, who goes on to confirm: "He is a very well-recognised name in the market." He is often seen acting for international investors and developers on the acquisition and financing of commercial and retail properties, as well as construction and infrastructure projects.
Chambers Europe 2022: Real Estate – Poland
Chambers Europe 2022: Construction – Poland
- Daniel Kopania is highly regarded for his market-leading expertise in both real estate and construction. He is often seen acting for international investors and developers on the acquisition and financing of commercial and retail properties. A source describes him as "commercially savvy."
Chambers Europe 2021: Real Estate - Poland
- Highly regarded for his practical experience and top-ranked in both real estate and construction, Daniel Kopania advises on the acquisition and financing of commercial and retail properties, often at a cross-border level. He is also reputed among market commentators for his "considerable experience in construction matters." His client roster includes international investors and developers.
Chambers Europe 2020: Construction/Real Estate – Poland
- Daniel Kopania acts on high-value, cross-border acquisitions for international investors as well as high-profile construction mandates. Clients value his insight, with one calling his approach "refreshing." Another says:"His market knowledge and experience is priceless."
Chambers Europe 2019, Real Estate – Poland, Construction - Poland