Daniel Kopania specialises in real estate, construction and infrastructure, advising institutional investors, owners, funders, contractors and professional consultants.
Daniel has a wide range of expertise in retail, office, warehouse, residential, mixed-use, energy and industrial plants, as well as PPP and infrastructure projects. He also has unique expertise in negotiating construction contracts.
- Advised Hillwood, a leading US real estate developer, on the large cross-border sale of a logistics portfolio in Poland and Germany to CBRE Global Investors
- Advised White Star Real Estate and Europa Capital on a joint venture investment, related to the acquisition of the Plac Małachowskiego office building in central Warsaw
- Advised Employees Provident Fund from Malaysia on the acquisition of Gdański Business Center Building A and Building B from HB Reavis. It was the first acquisition by the fund in the region and the largest transaction on the Polish office premises market in 2016. The European EPF fund is managed by Savills Investment Management
- Advised GGH (a company related to the American developer Golub Get House), as the seller, during the sale of the office building Prime at ul. Grzybowska (new headquarters of Raiffeisen). The buyer was the German investment fund Warburg WHIH. This transaction made its mark as one with the highest rate of return in the post-1989 history of the Warsaw market of commercial properties
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Nabarro Nathanson, Warsaw 1994
- British Centre for English and European Legal Studies, Warsaw 1995
- CMS Cameron McKenna, Warsaw 1995
- Warsaw University, Law and Administration Faculty 1996
- Secondment to London 1999
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Partner since 2010
- Member of the Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors
- Polish Society of the Construction Law
Awards and citations
- Daniel Kopania acts on high-value, cross-border acquisitions for international investors as well as high-profile construction mandates. Clients value his insight, with one calling his approach "refreshing." Another says:"His market knowledge and experience is priceless."
Chambers Europe 2019, Real Estate – Poland, Construction - Poland
- Department head Daniel Kopania is well versed in the full scope of commercial property law and construction contracts. "He has huge experience," a client reports before adding: "He is very calm and I like having him in negotiations." His recent highlights include assisting Golub Gethouse with the sale of the office space Prime Corporate Center in Warsaw.
- Chambers Europe 2017
- Daniel Kopania maintains an excellent standing in the construction and real estate market. He is especially renowned for construction contracts, where he recently assisted COLAS Polska with the development of a road and infrastructure network in Poznań. Kopania also handles PPP projects, as well as real estate transactions across a range of asset classes.
Chambers Europe 2016
- Department head Daniel Kopania is one of the foremost lawyers in this field. Kopania has extensive knowledge of construction and real estate transactions, and his recent highlights include advising real estate funds Resolution Property Advisers and ECE Projektmanagement on the acquisition and financing of the 'Poznań City Center' shopping centre.
Chamber Europe 2015
- Daniel Kopania is well known for his work on large construction projects and is also highlighted for his litigation capabilities. Sources say: "He combines the ability to co-ordinate and supervise a project with technical excellence."
Chambers Europe 2014