Daniel Kopania specialises in real estate, construction and infrastructure, advising institutional investors, owners, funders, contractors and professional consultants.
Daniel has a wide range of expertise in retail, office, warehouse, residential, mixed-use, energy and industrial plants, as well as PPP and infrastructure projects. He also has unique expertise in negotiating construction contracts.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Nabarro Nathanson, Warsaw 1994
- British Centre for English and European Legal Studies, Warsaw 1995
- CMS Cameron McKenna, Warsaw 1995
- Warsaw University, Law and Administration Faculty 1996
- Secondment to London 1999
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Partner since 2010
- Member of the Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors
- Polish Society of the Construction Law
Awards and citations
- Daniel Kopania is highly regarded for his market-leading expertise in both real estate and construction. He is often seen acting for international investors and developers on the acquisition and financing of commercial and retail properties. A source describes him as "commercially savvy."
Chambers Europe 2021: Real Estate - Poland
- Highly regarded for his practical experience and top-ranked in both real estate and construction, Daniel Kopania advises on the acquisition and financing of commercial and retail properties, often at a cross-border level. He is also reputed among market commentators for his "considerable experience in construction matters." His client roster includes international investors and developers.
Chambers Europe 2020: Construction/Real Estate – Poland
- Daniel Kopania acts on high-value, cross-border acquisitions for international investors as well as high-profile construction mandates. Clients value his insight, with one calling his approach "refreshing." Another says:"His market knowledge and experience is priceless."
Chambers Europe 2019, Real Estate – Poland, Construction - Poland