Agnieszka Janicka has worked for Clifford Chance since it was founded in Warsaw in 1992 and has over 20 years of corporate experience in many industry sectors, with special focus on energy & resources, TMT, financial services, consumer goods, and healthcare. In particular, she has advised on some of Poland’s largest M&A transactions, privatizations and international equity offerings.
Agnieszka also has extensive experience in advising on cross-border transactions and is recommended as the first-choice lawyer in Poland by leading private equity houses. She is also recognised by many leading legal directories - for example, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe - as the key individual in M&A, Corporate, and Private Equity in Poland.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Warsaw
- Email me
- Speaks Polish, English, French and Russian
- Practice area M&A corporate
- Sector Aerospace & defence, Automotive, Banks, Capital goods, Chemicals, Energy & resources, Gaming, Healthcare providers, Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals, Industrials, Infrastructure investors, Materials, Media, Pharmaceuticals, Private equity, Sports, Technology, Telecommunications, Telecommunications, media & technology
Career and qualifications
- Master of Law, Warsaw University 1991
- Lawyer at Arset Ltd., Arset-Line Inc., Arset Light Ltd., Warsaw 1991
- Joined Clifford Chance 1992
- Polsin Overseas Shipping Ltd., member of the Supervisory Board 1993
- Admitted as a legal adviser (radca prawny) in Poland 1997
- Partner since 1998
- Head of the Warsaw Corporate/M&A practice
- Office Managing Partner, Warsaw since 2018
- Member of the Warsaw Bar Association (OIRP w Warszawie)
Awards and citations
- Top-rated Agnieszka Janicka is highly versed in handling M&A transactions for clients in pharmaceuticals, telecom and automotive among other sectors. "She's absolutely top-notch," a source confirms.
Chambers Global 2022: Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability – Poland
- Agnieszka Janicka is highly regarded for her extensive knowledge of private equity matters and is often seen handling high-end exits and acquisitions for an enviable client list. "She is simply brilliant," a client says.
Chambers Europe 2021: Private Equity - Poland
- Agnieszka Janicka is highly versed in handling M&A transactions for clients in financial services, media and retail among other sectors. Sources praise her "understanding of the clients' needs and expectations."
Chambers Europe 2021: Corporate/M&A - Poland
- Agnieszka Janicka is a highly recommended practitioner who regularly acts on market-leading M&A transactions spanning the energy, media and IT sectors. "She's good at problem-solving and she's got a good feel for various business situations," a source says, adding that she also has a "reputation for raising good lawyers around her." Her clientele includes both international investors and local subsidiaries.
Chambers Europe 2020: Corporate/M&A – Poland
- Agnieszka Janicka is highly reputed among peers for her wealth of experience in private equity matters. Her remit includes acquisitions and exits on behalf of leading private equity clients. She regularly handles transactions of a cross-border scope. "Agnieszka Janicka is one of the top practitioners and very visible," a source confirms.
Chambers Europe 2020: Private Equity – Poland
- Agnieszka Janicka is highly regarded by market sources and has extensive expertise in corporate and acquisition transactions representing an array of clients, including private equity firms and investment funds. Clients highlight her leadership, saying that she is "truly an international star herself, leading an excellent team of young but already very experienced and talented professionals, and handling the most complex transaction."
Chambers Europe 2019, Private Equity - Poland
- Practice head Agnieszka Janicka is a highly experienced partner with a long-standing practice spanning a wide array of transactions, including privatisation and private equity deals. Clients speak highly of her confidence and negotiation skills: "She approached the matter in a very mature way, calming emotions down, and answering all questions with patience," says one source, whilst another adds: "She knows how to speak and who to talk to in order to close the transaction."
Chambers Global 2018, Corporate/M&A - Poland