Mustapha Mourahib is the Managing Partner of our Casablanca office and the Co-Head of Clifford Chance's Africa Practice.
Mustapha has extensive experience in large-scale M&A, private equity, PPP and project finance transactions. He has also a significant experience representing public, private and state-owned corporate clients in the development and financing of large projects. He focuses in the energy, infrastructure, oil & gas, mining, financial services, TMT and consumer goods industries.
Mustapha is one of the key individuals in the legal environment in Morocco and in the North Africa and sub-Saharan Francophone region. He is continuously distinguished as a leading lawyer in Africa by Chambers Global, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Admitted to the Paris Bar in 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance Paris 2006
- Counsel 2007
- Partner since 2008
- Managing Partner of the Casablanca office since 2012
Awards and citations
- "Sources draw attention to the team's responsiveness and availability, saying: ‘They work hard, and we feel like we are their only client, even when the transaction is small’.
- "'A top firm in Casablanca’. ‘Excellent negotiator’ Mustapha Mourahib is noted for his ‘deep knowledge of the Moroccan and African markets’."
Legal 500 EMEA
- "They moved heaven and earth to get the deal in the right place. Their responsiveness, diligence and thoroughness have been wonderful."
- "We're rather impressed - the work is done to a high standard. He [Mustapha] is a great listener and is very proactive."