Martin Wurth is part of the Banking, Finance and Capital Markets department of Clifford Chance’s Luxembourg office. He specialises in structured finance, asset finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and bank lending in cross border and local transactions, with a particular focus on financings to Luxembourg investment funds (subscription/equity bridge or NAV facilities).
Martin is also a regular contributor to legal journals and is a regular speaker at Fund Finance Association conferences.
- Extensive experience advising on fund financing facilities, both syndicated and bilateral, including subscription/capital call facilities or asset-backed / NAV facilities for various well-known lenders as well as sponsors/borrowers of a variety of types (PE, infrastructure, real estate, debt funds and others).
- European Investment Bank on a €75m loan provided to Evotec for drug discovery research and development. December 2017
- European Investment Fund in relation to innovative financing structures under Luxembourg law, such as the set-up of the AGRI Italy initiative
Clifford Chance advises CPP Investments on refinancing of EUR 510 million investment in Germany's biggest offshore wind farm
12 February 2020
Clifford Chance advises PATRIZIA on its proposed €1.2bn acquisition of a pan-European logistics portfolio from BentallGreenOak
20 December 2019
Clifford Chance was the leading law firm advising AccorInvest on the public tender offer for shares of Orbis S.A.
19 December 2019
Clifford Chance a conseillé AccorInvest sur l'acquisition de 85,8% du capital d'Orbis auprès d'Accor
17 December 2019
Career and qualifications
- Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne (Magistère en droit des activités économiques) 2007
- Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne (Master in business law) 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2008
- London School of Economics (LLM) 2008
- Partner since 2019
- Luxembourg Bar Association
- Association Luxembourgeoise des Juristes de Banque (ALJB)
- Member of the editorial board of the Luxembourg legal journal "Revue Pratique de Droit des Affaires"
Awards and citations
- Martin Wurth is particularly known for investment fund financings and is recognised for his "solidity" and "his fund finance expertise"
Legal 500, 2019