Martin Wurth co-heads the Banking, Finance and Capital Markets practice of Clifford Chance’s Luxembourg office. He specialises in structured finance, asset finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and bank lending in cross border and local transactions, with a particular focus on financings to Luxembourg investment funds (subscription/equity bridge or NAV facilities).
Martin is also a regular contributor to legal journals and is a regular speaker at Fund Finance Association conferences.
- Extensive experience advising on fund financing facilities, both syndicated and bilateral, including subscription/capital call facilities or asset-backed / NAV facilities for various well-known lenders as well as sponsors/borrowers of a variety of types (PE, infrastructure, real estate, debt funds and others).
- European Investment Bank on a €75m loan provided to Evotec for drug discovery research and development. December 2017
- European Investment Fund in relation to innovative financing structures under Luxembourg law, such as the set-up of the AGRI Italy initiative
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne (Magistère en droit des activités économiques) 2007
- Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne (Master in business law) 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2008
- London School of Economics (LLM) 2008
- Partner since 2019
- Luxembourg Bar Association
- Association Luxembourgeoise des Juristes de Banque (ALJB)
- Member of the editorial board of the Luxembourg legal journal "Revue Pratique de Droit des Affaires"
Awards and citations
- “Martin Wurth not only transforms a term sheet into finance documents, but he also truly thinks with you and for you to deliver legal documentation which reflects the essence of the deal.”
Legal500 2020 – Banking, Finance and Capital Markets – Luxembourg
- Martin Wurth is particularly known for investment fund financings and is recognised for his "solidity" and "his fund finance expertise"
Legal 500, 2019