Albert Moro heads the litigation, employment and real estate practices at Clifford Chance’s Luxembourg office. He specialises in corporate litigation, civil and commercial law, labour law, arbitration and real estate and has more than twenty-five years of experience in these areas.
Albert acts for banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions, as well as for commercial and industrial companies, and public entities.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University Centre of Luxembourg (Law) 1988
- University of Strasbourg (DEUG Droit) 1989
- University of Strasbourg (Licence en Droit) 1990
- University of Strasbourg (Maîtrise en Droit) 1991
- Associate, Faltz & Associés 1991
- Admitted as an avocat in Luxembourg 1992
- Admitted as an avocat à la Cour in Luxembourg 1995
- Partner, Faltz & Associés 1996
- Partner, Faltz & Kremer 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance Luxembourg as a Partner 2000
- Member of the Social Affairs committee of the Luxembourg Bankers' Association (ABBL)
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA), member
- Employment Law Specialists Association (ELSA), founding member and board member
- Association luxembourgeoise pour l'étude du droit de la concurrence, founding member
- Bulletin d’Information sur la Jurisprudence (BIJ), Member of the editorial board of the publication
- Luxembourg bar association, member of various committees and working groups
Awards and citations
- Albert Moro is lauded as "a veteran litigator" who is "practical and very sound in terms of technical expertise." He is also praised by clients as "an expert in labour law."
Chambers Europe: 2021 Employment
- Clients enthuse that he is an "excellent negotiator, with strong tactical skills and the creativity to break deadlocks and create advantageous outcomes for his clients."
Chambers Europe: 2020 Employment
- Head of the litigation, employment and real estate departments, Albert Moro has practice spanning corporate litigation, civil and commercial law, labour law, arbitration and property disputes. According to clients, he is a "very impressive, easy-going lawyer with a pragmatic approach to seeing issues."
Chambers Europe 2016: Dispute Resolution, Luxembourg – Band 1
- A prominent player in the labour market, Albert Moro is praised by clients for his "exceptional language skills" and also receives plaudits for being "well aware of the movement of employment law."
Chambers Europe 2016: Employment, Luxembourg – band 1
- Lead partner Albert Moro has established a reputation as one of the best litigators in Luxembourg and handles a range of corporate, commercial, employment and real estate disputes. "He is a really impressive litigator who tries to find solutions for his clients", note sources.
Chambers Europe 2015: Dispute Resolution
- Clients praise department head Albert Moro for his "quick response times, excellent business acumen and creativity in negotiations." He frequently acts for market-leading global financial institutions on high-end, complex employment queries.
Chambers Europe 2014: Employment