Giuseppe De Palma is Managing Partner for Italy and specialises in acquisition finance, restructuring and project/export finance.
He has advised on groundbreaking domestic and international portfolio management transactions, restructuring project financings, leveraged finance on loan management/transactions, syndicated lendings and export credit transactions.
Clifford Chance advises Blackstone on landmark financing for the pan-European luxury hotel portfolio known as 'Dedica Anthology'
7 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises Cromwell European REIT (CEREIT) with respect to its successful IPO
4 December 2017
Clifford Chance advises on pioneering M&A transaction involving statutory cross-border merger of a listed Italian company to the UK
14 April 2015
Clifford Chance advises Goldman Sachs International in relation to the €363,000,000 Gallerie 2013 s.r.l. Commercial Mortgage Backed Securitisation
12 December 2013
Clifford Chance Italy Advises Banks on Refinancing of Snai
27 January 2011
EU directive on restructuring frameworks: The same, but different?
26 June 2019
Italy supports credit opportunities for investors through recent amendments to the Italian Securitisation framework
9 May 2019
Rate Expectations: Transitioning away from LIBOR - practical guidance for corporate treasurers
1 May 2019
The use of English law in Italian financial transactions after Brexit
29 March 2019
Italy's budget and the EU's excessive deficit procedure: What's going on?
5 December 2018
Career and qualifications
- University of Rome La Sapienza (LL.D) 1991
- Admitted as an avvocato in Italy 1994
- University of London, Queen Mary & Westfield College (LL.M) 1995
- Joined Clifford Chance 1995
- University of Rome La Sapienza (Doctorate in Laws) 1996
- Partner since 2000
- Member of the firm's Partnership Council 2012
- Managing Partner, Italy 2014
Awards and citations
- #1 Real Estate Finance
Chambers Europe 2019
- #2 Banking & Finance
Chambers Europe and Global 2019
- Leading Individual Hall of Fame in Banking & Finance: Borrower, Lender or Arranger side
- Market Leader in Restructuring & Insolvency, Project Development, Banking, Project Finance, Real Estate Finance
- Giuseppe De Palma is valued by clients for his ability to “cover any kind of lending.”
Real Estate Finance, Chambers Europe 2019, Banking & Finance: Chambers Global and Europe 2019