Giuseppe De Palma is Managing Partner for Italy and specialises in acquisition finance, restructuring and project/export finance.
He has advised on groundbreaking domestic and international portfolio management transactions, restructuring project financings, leveraged finance on loan management/transactions, syndicated lendings and export credit transactions.
Clifford Chance advises Blackstone on landmark financing for the pan-European luxury hotel portfolio known as 'Dedica Anthology'
7 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises Cromwell European REIT (CEREIT) with respect to its successful IPO
4 December 2017
Clifford Chance advises on pioneering M&A transaction involving statutory cross-border merger of a listed Italian company to the UK
14 April 2015
Clifford Chance advises Goldman Sachs International in relation to the €363,000,000 Gallerie 2013 s.r.l. Commercial Mortgage Backed Securitisation
12 December 2013
Clifford Chance Italy Advises Banks on Refinancing of Snai
27 January 2011
Rate Expectations: Transitioning away from LIBOR - practical guidance for corporate treasurers
26 February 2019
Italy's budget and the EU's excessive deficit procedure: What's going on?
5 December 2018
Changes to European cross border restructuring and insolvencies - something for everyone?
26 June 2017
Thoughts on the recently published ECB guidance on leveraged transactions
9 June 2017
European Proposal for the harmonisation of restructuring law
29 November 2016
Career and qualifications
- University of Rome La Sapienza (LL.D) 1991
- Admitted as an avvocato in Italy 1994
- University of London, Queen Mary & Westfield College (LL.M) 1995
- Joined Clifford Chance 1995
- University of Rome La Sapienza (Doctorate in Laws) 1996
- Partner since 2000
- Member of the firm's Partnership Council 2012
- Managing Partner, Italy 2014
Awards and citations
- #2 Banking & Finance
Chambers Global & Europe 2018
- Spotlight Table – Real Estate Finance
Chambers Europe 2018
- Giuseppe De Palma is valued by clients for his "ability to find a solution that works for everyone."
Chambers Global & Europe 2018: Banking & Finance – Italy
- Leading Individual in Banking & Finance – Borrower side; Banking & Finance – Lender or Arranger side; Mentioned in Restructuring & Insolvency
- Leading Lawyer in Banking, Project Finance and Restructuring
- "A very knowledgeable lawyer who is very influential in the Italian arena and also a good team manager."
Chambers Global & Europe 2017: Banking & Finance – Italy
- "He provides very strategic guidance, finding satisfactory compromises while ensuring good relationships with the counterparty."
Chambers Global & Europe 2016: Banking & Finance – Italy