Giuseppe De Palma is Managing Partner for Italy and specialises in acquisition finance, restructuring and project/export finance.
He has advised on groundbreaking domestic and international portfolio management transactions, restructuring project financings, leveraged finance on loan management/transactions, syndicated lendings and export credit transactions.
Clifford Chance advises Blackstone on landmark financing for the pan-European luxury hotel portfolio known as 'Dedica Anthology'
7 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises Cromwell European REIT (CEREIT) with respect to its successful IPO
4 December 2017
Clifford Chance advises on pioneering M&A transaction involving statutory cross-border merger of a listed Italian company to the UK
14 April 2015
Clifford Chance advises Goldman Sachs International in relation to the €363,000,000 Gallerie 2013 s.r.l. Commercial Mortgage Backed Securitisation
12 December 2013
Clifford Chance Italy Advises Banks on Refinancing of Snai
27 January 2011
Italy supports credit opportunities for investors through recent amendments to the Italian Securitisation framework
9 May 2019
Rate Expectations: Transitioning away from LIBOR - practical guidance for corporate treasurers
1 May 2019
The use of English law in Italian financial transactions after Brexit
29 March 2019
Italy's budget and the EU's excessive deficit procedure: What's going on?
5 December 2018
Changes to European cross border restructuring and insolvencies - something for everyone?
26 June 2017
Career and qualifications
- University of Rome La Sapienza (LL.D) 1991
- Admitted as an avvocato in Italy 1994
- University of London, Queen Mary & Westfield College (LL.M) 1995
- Joined Clifford Chance 1995
- University of Rome La Sapienza (Doctorate in Laws) 1996
- Partner since 2000
- Member of the firm's Partnership Council 2012
- Managing Partner, Italy 2014
Awards and citations
- #2 Banking & Finance
Chambers Global & Europe 2018
- Spotlight Table – Real Estate Finance
Chambers Europe 2018
- Giuseppe De Palma is valued by clients for his "ability to find a solution that works for everyone."
Chambers Global & Europe 2018: Banking & Finance – Italy
- Leading Individual in Banking & Finance – Borrower side; Banking & Finance – Lender or Arranger side; Mentioned in Restructuring & Insolvency
- Leading Lawyer in Banking, Project Finance and Restructuring
- "A very knowledgeable lawyer who is very influential in the Italian arena and also a good team manager."
Chambers Global & Europe 2017: Banking & Finance – Italy
- "He provides very strategic guidance, finding satisfactory compromises while ensuring good relationships with the counterparty."
Chambers Global & Europe 2016: Banking & Finance – Italy