Vishal Mashru specialises in private fund formation, secondaries and advisory work across a wide range of sectors, including private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure.
Vishal’s experience covers blind pool funds, separate accounts and GP-led restructurings, as well as advising on carried interest and co-investment structures and asset manager M&A.
Vishal also advises managers on ESG issues relating to their funds and investors in relation to the terms of their investment in such funds.
- abrdn (formerly Aberdeen Standard Investments) on a GP-led secondary sale of a ~US$500 million portfolio
- Bridgepoint in relation to its acquisition and integration of EQT Credit (including the management platform and all funds/portfolios) at an undisclosed transaction value. At completion the enlarged group had > €7 billion of assets under management.
- Capital Dynamics on the formation of its Global Secondaries Fund V, Clean Energy Infrastructure Funds VIII and IX, and Mid-Market Direct Fund V
- Climate Asset Management on the formation of its Natural Capital strategy and its Nature Based Carbon strategy
- Equistone on the establishment of Equistone Partners Europe Funds IV, V and VI
Generation Investment Management on the formation of its Climate Solutions Fund II
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, London
- +44 207006 2547
- Email me
- Speaks English, French and Spanish
- Practice area Funds & investment management, M&A corporate
- Sector Private funds, Funds & investment management
Career and qualifications
- Queen's College, Oxford University (MA Oxon, Modern and Medieval Languages), 2009
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2013
- Partner since May 2023
Awards and citations
- 'Vishal Mashru is the best right hand person you could have’
[Legal 500 2023 - Private Funds]
- Ranked as a 'Rising Star' in Legal 500 2023 - Private Funds