Tim Lees specialises in high-value, complex, and cross-border restructurings, insolvencies, and special situations.
He advises a wide range of stakeholders, including banks, credit funds, financial sponsors, companies, and directors.
- Advising the creditors' committee to NMC Healthcare Ltd on its over USD 7 billion restructuring by way of the first ever administration and deed of company arrangement in Abu Dhabi Global Markets.
- Advising Codere on its EUR 1.15 billion 2020 restructuring by way of scheme of arrangement, and its EUR 1.2 billion 2021 restructuring by way of consent solicitation.
- Advising the largest lessor to Virgin Atlantic on the airline's GBP 1.2 billion 2020 financial restructuring by way of the first ever UK restructuring plan.
- Advising an alternative investment manager, as mezzanine lender, in relation to the financial restructuring and sale of a household name UK hotel group.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Nottingham (BA (Hons)) 2009
- University of Birmingham (G.Dip Legal Studies) 2010
- BPP (Legal Practice Course) 2011
- Trainee, White & Case 2011
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales, 2013
- Associate, Clifford Chance 2015
- Legal Counsel (Secondee), Davidson Kempner 2018
- Senior Associate, Sidley Austin 2019
- Senior Associate, Clifford Chance 2020
- Partner since May 2022
- Insolvency Lawyers Association
Awards and citations
- Rising Star