Sonia Gilbert specialises in advising companies on employee share plans, incentive arrangements and remuneration issues.
She has particular expertise in incentive plans for large companies, global share plans, alternative remuneration structures including employee trusts and corporate governance issues.
- A FTSE 100 company on innovative share plan hedging arrangements using derivatives
- A FTSE 100 company on the operation of their share plans in over 50 countries
- A number of global banks on the impact of CRD III/IV on their remuneration arrangements
- SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. on the incentive plans aspects of its GBP£575 million acquisition of GlobeOp Financial Services S.A.
Clifford Chance advises KIRKBI and the Consortium consisting of KIRKBI, Blackstone and CPPIB on £4.77 billion take private of Merlin Entertainments plc
28 June 2019
Clifford Chance advises Chrysaor on the acquisition of ConocoPhillips UK for US$2.675bn
23 April 2019
Clifford Chance advises on US$1 billion acquisition of Outfit7 Investments
10 February 2017
Clifford Chance advising Informa on a proposed $1.558 billion acquisition of Penton Business Media Holdings
15 September 2016
Clifford Chance advises Nielsen on redomiciliation to the UK by way of innovative European cross-border merger
7 September 2015
A global shift: opportunities in a changing landscape
19 February 2019
Your 2019 AGM update and beyond
14 January 2019
Your 2018 AGM Update and beyond
15 December 2017
UK Incentives News - August 2017
29 August 2017
6 April 2017
Career and qualifications
- Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge (BA Law) 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2000
- Partner since 2011
Awards and citations
- "She has this innate quality to sense exactly what it is that clients want."
Chambers UK 2014
- "She is a hugely impressive lawyer"
Chambers UK 2014
- Sonia Gilbert "is an excellent lawyer, providing pragmatic and thorough advice. She delivers new ideas and solutions to issues and is very responsive to our queries. There have been countless times during my time working with Sonia that she has provided invaluable advice to us on technical share scheme matters."
Chambers and Partners UK 2013 - Employee Share Schemes & Incentives
- "Described as a lawyer who combines first-rate technical ability with an approachable manner."
Chambers and Partners UK 2012 - Employee Share Schemes & Incentives