Sonia Gilbert specialises in advising companies on employee share plans, incentive arrangements and remuneration issues.
She has particular expertise in incentive plans for large companies, global share plans, alternative remuneration structures including employee trusts and corporate governance issues.
- Inmarsat on its acquisition by Triton Bidco for £2.6 billion
- A FTSE 100 company on innovative share plan hedging arrangements using derivatives
- A FTSE 100 company on the operation of their share plans in over 50 countries
- A number of global banks on the impact of CRD III/IV on their remuneration arrangements
- SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. on the incentive plans aspects of its GBP£575 million acquisition of GlobeOp Financial Services S.A.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge (BA Law) 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2000
- Partner since 2011
Awards and citations
- "She has this innate quality to sense exactly what it is that clients want."
Chambers UK 2014
- "She is a hugely impressive lawyer"
Chambers UK 2014
- Sonia Gilbert "is an excellent lawyer, providing pragmatic and thorough advice. She delivers new ideas and solutions to issues and is very responsive to our queries. There have been countless times during my time working with Sonia that she has provided invaluable advice to us on technical share scheme matters."
Chambers and Partners UK 2013 - Employee Share Schemes & Incentives
- "Described as a lawyer who combines first-rate technical ability with an approachable manner."
Chambers and Partners UK 2012 - Employee Share Schemes & Incentives