Rob Lambert is a disputes Partner, specialising in the law and practice of international arbitration.
Rob is recognised as a leading practitioner in the international arbitration field. He has particular experience in international engineering, energy, construction, IT and telecoms disputes, as well as considerable experience of joint venture and shareholder disputes. Rob has handled arbitration cases under ICC, LCIA, ICSID, UNCITRAL and other international rules. He has conducted arbitrations (institutional and ad hoc) in numerous jurisdictions in Europe, Asia, US, Middle East, Africa and Australia. Rob is an experienced advocate, having appeared as lead counsel before numerous international arbitral tribunals, and also sits as an arbitrator.
- Lead counsel for international defence contractor in connection with USD$1 billion dispute with the UK Government related to the termination of an agreement for a state-of-the-art immigration control system
- Lead counsel in a dispute with a supplier concerning allegedly fraudulent conduct by the supplier under long-term coal supply contract
- Lead counsel to international property developer in multi-million dollar dispute against contractor in connection with construction of mixed retail and office development in Moscow
- Clifford Chance, London
- Email me
- Save my Vcard
- Practice area Litigation, dispute resolution & risk management, Construction
- Sector Power & energy networks, Medical devices healthcare equipment, Telecommunications, media & technology, Energy & resources, Pharmaceuticals, Real estate, Telecommunications, Healthcare, life sciences & chemicals, Healthcare providers, Mining & metals, Chemicals
Career and qualifications
- St Edmund Hall, Oxford University (BA (Hons) Law)
- Joined Clifford Chance 1987
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1989
- Partner since 1997
- Membership of LCIA, ICC, Panel of Arbitrators of HKIAC
Awards and citations
- "Outstanding arbitration lawyer" Robert Lambert is recommended as a "very powerful advocate." He both sits as arbitrator and acts as counsel, and his recent work has included representing Raytheon Systems in a USD1 billion LCIA dispute against the Secretary of State for Home Affairs. Sources comment that he is "client-focused, strategic and tactical."
- "Robert Lambert is highly regarded for his breadth of expertise. He regularly acts as counsel for clients before both domestic and international arbitral tribunals, and has an emphasis on international engineering, construction and telecoms disputes."
- "Robert Lambert is highly regarded for his work in this area."
- "Robert Lambert is well known for his work in Russian disputes. He sits as arbitrator and also acts as counsel in international engineering, construction and telecoms disputes."