Ranbir Hunjan specialises in Asset and Project finance with a particular focus on Transportation & Infrastructure, and Energy & Renewables.
Ranbir has additionally been acting on India-related matters for over 20 years and is recognised by Chambers as one as the leading practitioners in this area.
- Acting for Goshawk Aviation including the set up of their leasing platform
- Acting for Accipiter including the set up of their leasing platform
- Acting for Investec Bank plc on their German debt fund
- Acting for the lenders (including PFIs) on numerous power projects in Bangladesh
- Acting for the lenders on ScotRail and Caledonian Rail
- Acting for the lenders on the acquisition financing of Beacon Rail's purchase of Babcock Rail
- Acting for the lenders on numerous structured operating leases of wide body aircraft
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Reading (LLB) 1986
- Articled Clifford Chance 1990
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1992
- Clifford Chance Tokyo 1995
- Partner since 2001
- Law Society of England and Wales
Awards and citations
- Ranbir Hunjan "is responsive, helpful and knowledgeable," remark sources. He is particularly noted for his aviation finance practice, with recent work highlights, including advising Investec on the sale and leaseback of four aircraft to Jet Airways. He also advised the same client on a corporate jet financing for Regilare.
Chambers Global 2013 – Banking and Finance Foreign Expert for India