Olamide Oladosu is based in London and specialises in energy and infrastructure project across Africa. He acts for sponsors and lenders on all aspects of international project financings (including upstream and midstream oil and gas projects, petrochemicals and power).
He is admitted in England & Wales as well as in Nigeria with close to two decades' experience advising clients on transactions relating to across the energy, infrastructure and financial services.
Previous experience includes Rand Merchant Bank Nigeria where he was General Counsel and one of the leading Nigerian law firms where he was an energy and projects partner.
Olamide is part of the leadership team for the Africa Practice.
- Genser Energy in respect of its USD366m financing which includes a new syndicated senior loan facility, a mezzanine loan and preference shares
- Globeleq on its acquisition of Nigerian power business called CPGNL Limited (CPGNL), which will be rebranded as Globeleq Power Solutions Nigeria Limited.
- Shell on its first sustainability-linked SOFR-referenced $10bn revolving credit facility
- The syndicate of lenders in respect of the financing of the Tema LNG terminal project
- Genser Energy Group (“Genser Energy”) on USD125m investment by Oppenheimer Partners Limited in for 125,000 units of redeemable convertible preference shares in the US parent, Genser Energy Investments LLC
- Eroton consortium in respect of its US$1.2 Billion acquisition of the 45% stake in OML 18
- Helios Investment Partners in connection with its acquisition of a 29.4% interest in Eland Oil and Gas
- Lead Nigerian law partner advising the project company on financing of Nigeria's pioneering, USD 1 billion Azura-Edo power plant, Nigeria's first fully privately financed independent power plant (IPP)
- Lead Nigerian law partner advising on BTG Pactual’s USD 1.53 billion acquisition of 50 percent of Petrobras' African unit, with operations in Nigeria and Tanzania.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Ibadan (LL. B) 2001
- Called to the Nigerian Bar 2003
- Partner, Templars 2013
- General Counsel, Rand Merchant Bank Nigeria 2014
- Joined Clifford Chance 2017
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2020
- Partner since May 2021
- The Law Society, England & Wales
- Nigerian Bar Association