Michael Pearson advises public bodies, investors, developers and financiers on major infrastructure projects internationally.
Michael is recognised as a leading lawyer in the infrastructure sector by international directories, including IFLR1000, Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
- Advising the lenders in relation to the Rv555 Road Project, Norway
- Advising the lenders on the financing of road Lots 15 and 18 of the Kenya Annuity Road Programme
- Advising a bidding consortium in relation to the A465 Road Project, UK
- Advising a bidding consortium in relation to the Thames Tideway Tunnel Project, UK
- Advising the sponsors in relation to the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Integrated Waste Project, UK
- Advising the developer of Battersea Power Station in relation to the London Underground Northern Line Extension, UK
- Advising the lenders in relation to the Thameslink Rolling Stock Project, UK
- Advising the sponsors on the Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft PPP Project (AirTanker), UK
- Advising the sponsors on Barts and The Royal London Hospital PPP Project, UK
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Cardiff (LLB) 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance 2008
- Partner since 2016
- Confederation of British Industry's (CBI), Infrastructure Board
- Global Infrastructure Investor Association (GIIA), UK Policy Working Group
Awards and citations
- "He is highly capable, thoughtful and helpful."
Chambers UK 2023, Projects: PFI/PPP