Michael Pearson specialises in advising on major infrastructure projects.
Michael has particular experience of concession, PFI/PPP/P3 and project finance structures.
- Advising the sponsors in relation to the UK Military Flying Training System PPP Project for the Fixed Wing Training Service, UK
- Advising KKR in relation to its acquisition of Calvin Capital (a leading digital energy asset management company), UK
- Advising a shortlisted bidder in relation to the Thames Tideway Tunnel Project, UK
- Advising the sponsors in relation to the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Integrated Waste PPP Project, UK
- Advising the developer of Battersea Power Station in relation to the London Underground Northern Line Extension, UK
- Advising the Senior Lenders in relation to the Thameslink Rolling Stock Project, UK
- Advising the Government of Abu Dhabi on the procurement on a PPP basis of a major social infrastructure project on Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi
- Advising numerous entities in relation to acquisitions and disposals of PPP/PFI assets and portfolios
Clifford Chance advises AXA Investment Managers - Real Assets and Crédit Agricole Assurances on acquisition of European Locomotive Leasing
20 December 2019
Green technologies for a cleaner and healthier future: Clifford Chance advises Zouk Capital LLP on the establishment of the UK Government backed £400m Charging Infrastructure Investment Fund (CIIF).
20 September 2019
Clifford Chance advises Dalmore and Equitix on their proposed acquisition of a stake in Cross London Trains from 3i Infrastructure
7 February 2019
LIBOR transition for the infrastructure sector
20 February 2020
Public procurement, Brexit and Boris Johnson's 'buy British' pledge
3 October 2019
UK nationalisation: The law and the cost - 2019 update
5 July 2019
The potential outcomes and impact of the Williams Rail Review
4 July 2019
Belt and Road: How can PPPs help?
21 June 2019
Career and qualifications
- University of Cardiff (LLB) 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance 2008
- Partner since 2016
- Michael is a member of the Confederation of British Industry's (CBI) Transport Policy Working Group