Lindsay Bickerton specialises in commercial litigation, with particular expertise in banking litigation and aviation disputes.
Lindsay regularly acts for major financial institutions on high value and reputationally significant litigation matters, often involving multiple jurisdictions and regulatory sensitivities.
In the aviation sector, she advises manufacturers, airlines, lessors and financiers on a range of contentious issues and disputes.
- Acting for a European bank on a claim brought by a Dutch social housing association in relation to derivatives transactions.
- Advising a UK asset manager on fraud claims spanning multiple jurisdictions.
- Managing and providing strategic oversight of a portfolio of claims concerning the alleged mis-selling of interest rate hedging products and manipulation of benchmark rates for a financial institution client.
- Advising various aircraft lessors on cross-border enforcement and recovery issues, including advising on aircraft arrest proceedings in the UK and overseas.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Warwick (European Law LLB) 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2006
- Seconded to a UK-headquartered global retail and investment bank 2012
- Partner since 2020
Awards and citations
- Ranked as a Rising Star in Banking Litigation: Investment and Retail
Legal 500 2020
- Ranked as a "Next Generation Lawyer" in Banking Litigation.
Legal 500 2019