Lindsay Bickerton has a broad range of experience in complex commercial and financial services litigation and high net worth disputes, which are often cross-border in nature. Her clients include financial institutions, corporates and high net worth individuals.
Lindsay regularly acts for major financial institutions on high value and reputationally significant litigation matters, often involving multiple jurisdictions and regulatory sensitivities.
Lindsay also acts for ultra high net worth individuals in connection with cross-border succession and inheritance disputes, involving trust structures and substantial family owned businesses.
In the aviation sector, she advises manufacturers, airlines, lessors and financiers on a range of contentious issues and disputes.
- Acting for a European bank on a claim brought by a Dutch social housing association in relation to derivatives transactions.
- Advising a UK asset manager on fraud claims spanning multiple jurisdictions.
- Managing and providing strategic oversight of a portfolio of claims concerning the alleged mis-selling of interest rate hedging products and manipulation of benchmark rates for a financial institution client.
- Advising an ultra high net worth individual on a global succession dispute involving a claim in the Chancery Division to determine the validity and effect of letters purporting to agree to joint ownership of assets valued in the multiple billions.
- Advising various aircraft lessors on cross-border enforcement and recovery issues, including advising on aircraft arrest proceedings in the UK and overseas.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Warwick (European Law LLB) 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2006
- Seconded to a UK-headquartered global retail and investment bank 2012
- Partner since 2020
Awards and citations
- Ranked as a "Next Generation Partner" in Banking Litigation.
Legal 500 2021