Kevin Ingram specialises in debt securitisation, principal finance, asset backed commercial paper conduits, structured repackagings, secured lending and all types of structured finance transactions.
- Financial institutions in respect of UK and European regulation and securitisation programmes including credit cards and other retail credit, auto loans, corporate loans (including CLOs), trade receivables and residential mortgages. His experience has also included advising on government credit support schemes and central bank liquidity schemes and using securitisation to fund privatisations of government assets
- He has worked on securitisations in Europe across all major asset classes, as well as less frequently securitised assets such as student loans, rolling stock, telecommunications and cable receivables, utility receivables and social housing loans
- Kevin has expertise in respect of the range of asset backed finance techniques including bond issuance, MTNs, principal finance, warehouse financings, asset backed commercial paper programmes, structured repackagings and secured lending
- In addition he has worked on the structuring and documentation of de-linked master trust and other multiple issuance platforms, portfolio acquisitions and disposals for clients including residential mortgages and credit cards and multiple securitisations funded via ABCP conduits, and various re-structurings of conduits
Career and qualifications
University College, Oxford (BA Jurisprudence) 1987
- Bachelor of Civil Law 1989
- Trainee and Assistant Clifford Chance 1989
- Partner since 1998
- Head of London Structured Debt Group since 2003
Kevin is a member of the Prudential Supervision Authority (PSA), the FSA Securitisation Standing Group and a participant on expert groups covered by regulators.
- Kevin is Vice-chairman and on the executive board of directors of AFME/ESF and represents AFME/ESF in discussions with regulators and quasi-governmental advisory bodies on matters of industry importance.
Awards and citations
- Sources say Kevin Ingram is "a grandee of the securitisation industry" and that "there is nothing about securitisation that he doesn't know, and he also plays a significant role in advocacy. His expertise and knowledge are even recommended by regulators because he's always invited to be an expert witness."
Chambers UK 2017