Katherine Moir specialises in advising clients on public takeovers, private acquisitions and disposals, and other general corporate matters.
Katherine was featured in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 Dealmakers of 2018, which celebrates the UK's top lawyers. She was also named by Legal Business as a rising star in their ‘Women Deal Stars’ feature in 2018, and as a Next Generation Lawyer by Legal 500.
- Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc on its £4.3bn takeover by Marsh & McLennan (October 2018)
- Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banking Group on its £1.7bn takeover of Virgin Money (September 2018)
- Informa plc on its £3.9bn cash and shares takeover of UBM plc (March 2018)
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Oxford, Oriel College (MA, Geography) 2001
- Joined Macfarlanes 2005
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2007
- Associate at Macfarlanes 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
- Partner since 2016
Awards and citations
- Katherine Moir is "outstanding," according to market sources, who praise her "hard-working, calm and constructive" approach to transactions. She is well versed in significant public and private M&A transactions, and represents top corporates and financial institutions.
Chambers UK 2020, Corporate M&A - London