Johannes Juette is a Partner with over 20 years' experience. He is a US qualified lawyer and has extensive experience in international debt and equity capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, high yield debt issues and tender offers.
Johannes has executed transactions across a broad range of sectors throughout South East Asia, including transportation and logistics, shipping, natural resources and energy, with a particular focus on Indonesia and Malaysia.
He is ranked as a leading lawyer for international capital markets and is recognised as a foreign expert based in Singapore for Indonesian capital markets work.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Harvard University (AB) 1994
- Shearman & Sterling 1998
- Georgetown University Law Centre (JD) 2000
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Partner since 2011
Awards and citations
- According to one client, Johannes Juette "provides incredibly prompt, practical, experienced and commercial advice on complex transactions, as well as brilliant solutions when dealing with issues raised at the eleventh hour of a transaction." He is an expert in international debt and equity transactions, including IPOs and high-yield bonds.
Chambers Asia Pacific 2021: Capital Markets – International – Singapore
- Johannes Juette possesses a strong reputation in handling capital markets transactions, especially conventional and Islamic debt issuances. He acts for international and Indonesian lenders, with a client describing him as "an excellent adviser who provides excellent service."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2021: Capital Markets (International Firms) (Expertise Based Abroad) – Indonesia
- "Johannes Juette has been handling the capital market deals, and is highly skilled in debt offerings and IPOs. "
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021: Foreign Firms – Indonesia
- "Johannes Juette is a leading US securities lawyer with a fine record in Indonesia and Singapore, most notably in high-yield debt."
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021: Capital Markets: Equity and Debt: Foreign Firms – Singapore
- Johannes Juette is a US securities law expert who handles equity and debt matters across the region. Clients say: "He is technically strong and able to give complex advice in layman terms. He is also very commercial and solution-oriented, making him one of the easiest international lawyers to work with in this region."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2020: Capital Markets: International – Singapore
- Johannes Juette is a US securities lawyer and handles a range of debt and equity capital markets work, assisting clients with IPOs and high-yield debt mandates. He attracts praise from sources, with one describing him as "commercial, pragmatic and a really solid lawyer." Another interviewee labels him "approachable and very easy to work with," adding that he "has expertise on New York-governed documentation and high-yield transactions."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2020: Corporate & Finance: International – Indonesia
- Johannes Juette leads the team's US practice advising banks and international corporates on IPOs, note programmes and securities. Clients hold him in high regard and characterise him as being "consistently on the ball."
Chambers Asia Pacific 2019: Capital Markets: International – Singapore