David Towers specialises in complex and cross-border restructuring and insolvency cases. He regularly advises banks, alternative capital providers, debtors, trustees and insolvency practitioners.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders in respect of their exposure to the Steinhoff Group
- Advising the bank lenders to Carillion plc
- Advising the senior lenders to Edcon, Southern Africa's largest non-food retailer, in relation to its financial restructuring
- Advising the senior lenders to the International Bank of Azerbaijan on its debt restructuring
- Advising Scholz Holding GmbH on its financial restructuring
- Advising the second lien lenders to HC Starck on its financial restructuring
- Advising a UK listed healthcare provider in relation to its debt facilities
- Advising Grupo Itevelesa on its financial restructuring
- Advising Maxeda DIY Group on its financial restructuring
- Advising the board of directors of the Ceona Shipping group on its restructuring and subsequent administration
- Advising The Royal Bank Scotland on the restructuring of the Punch Taverns securitisations
- Advising Morgan Stanley in relation to the restructuring of the ATU Group by way of pre-pack administration
- Advising the lenders to the Monier Group on its amend-to-extend scheme of arrangement
- Advising Southern Cross, formerly the UK's largest operator of care homes, on the restructuring and transfer of its business and the settlement of its residual liabilities through a CVA
- Advising Citi on the pre-pack administration of the EMI Music Group
David is co-author of the "Set-off" chapter of Tolley's Insolvency Law.
EU directive on restructuring frameworks: The same, but different?
26 June 2019
Restructuring Solutions in Europe - Promoting and Embracing Change
5 April 2019
Infrastructure: 21st Century Challenges - A legal perspective
29 October 2018
UK corporate insolvency reforms: looking beyond Brexit
8 October 2018
Changes to European cross border restructuring and insolvencies - something for everyone?
26 June 2017
Career and qualifications
- Sheffield University (LLB) 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance 2003
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2005
- Partner since 2014
- Insolvency Lawyers' Association