Christopher Ingham has 13 years' experience of acting in a range of commercial litigation and arbitration disputes.
Christopher has particular experience representing insurance policyholders on big ticket insurance coverage disputes and advising them on policy wordings and the use of insurance to support projects and transactions, with a particular focus on credit, political risk, title, property, business interruption and liability insurance.
He also represents major insurers and other clients in disputes and contentious regulatory matters.
- Acting for a number of sports teams making business interruption claims for losses arising from the Covid pandemic
- Acting for a major insurer in a claim for over £500m relating to historic PPI mis-selling from the vendor of a subsidiary insurance business
- Advising a number of banks in the drafting of credit insurance policies and the regulatory treatment of the insurance
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in proceedings relating to alleged breaches of duties in the administration of a mining company
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Oxford (BA Law with Law Studies in Europe – French) 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2008
- Partner since May 2021
Awards and citations
- Rising Star
Legal 500 2021: Insurance Litigation- For Policyholders
- "he will leave no stone unturned in finding the best case strategy".
Legal 500 2021
- Associate to Watch
Chambers and Partners 2021: Insurance: Mainly Policyholders - UK-wide
- "Chris is extremely responsive and a pleasure to work with - he also has a first-class brain and is brilliant at understanding complex issues and solving the underlying problems."
Chambers and Partners 2021