Andrew Carnegie specialises in real estate finance and arrangements, insolvency, structured finance and securitisation; also in cross border real estate transactions and hotel-related work. Andrew is the Head of Real Estate Finance in London.
Andrew is widely recognised as one of the leading property finance lawyers in the market.
Death on the high street? The impact of CVAs
9 May 2019
Brexit – Hospitality Sector Analysis
24 June 2016
New tax rules for restructuring and amending UK corporate debt
11 December 2014
Career and qualifications
- University of Newcastle Upon Tyne 1983
- Cartmell Shepherd, Carlisle 1984
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1986
- Cameron Markby 1986
- Joined Clifford Chance 1988
- Partner since 1996
- Andrew is Chair of the Advisory Board for Newcastle Law School, Newcastle University.
Awards and citations
- Sources regard Andrew Carnegie as "exceptional", with one especially noting that "for complex cross-border stuff we would seek him out".
Chambers UK 2013