Andrew Patterson specialises in all legal, regulatory, tax and governance aspects of remuneration, share plans and incentives.
Before joining Clifford Chance, Andrew was Head of Incentives Law at Barclays, with accountability for managing incentives legal risk on a global basis. Andrew has particular expertise in drafting and advising on the design, implementation and operation of remuneration arrangements for financial services institutions and helping clients navigate through a heavily regulated landscape.
He has extensive in-house and private practice experience of advising at the highest level, during a time of unprecedented legal and regulatory change.
- Multiple global financial institutions on navigating remuneration regulations and managing reputational risk
- FTSE 100 companies on operating share and cash plans for employees in numerous countries
- Company disclosures and UK corporate governance advice
- Employee benefit trusts on design, funding and alternative hedging arrangements
- Remuneration and incentives issues in connection with executive hires and exits
- Private equity companies on the implementation of share plans for management
Your 2019 AGM update and beyond
14 January 2019
Career and qualifications
- St Edmund Hall, Oxford (BA) 2001
- Trainee, Ashurst 2004
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2006
- Joined Barclays 2010
- Head of Incentives Law, Barclays 2016
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2019
- CEDR qualified mediator 2010