Alexandra Davidson specialises in advising investment managers on the establishment and offering of private funds, together with the legal, regulatory and commercial issues relevant to the funds' operation.
Her experience spans a broad range of products and strategies, from large global private equity funds to smaller, bespoke products. Alexandra also represents a number of prestigious institutional investors in connection with proposed private fund commitments.
Alexandra is based in London but has also worked as a Foreign Legal Consultant in the firm's New York office, advising various North American clients on legal and regulatory matters.
- Advised Aberdeen Standard Investments on its disposal of a portfolio of over 140 fund interests to a new Aberdeen-managed fund with Coller Capital as cornerstone investor.
- Advised Bridgepoint in relation to its acquisition and integration of EQT Credit (including the management platform and all funds/portfolios) at an undisclosed transaction value. The transaction is subject to regulatory and antitrust approvals and is expected to complete in the fourth quarter of 2020. From completion the enlarged group will have approximately €7 billion of assets under management
- Advised 3i in relation to the formation of a rollover fund to invest in Action, as a secondary acquisition from 3i Eurofund V, and various carried interest and co-investment mandates
- Advised 3i Infrastructure in relation to the formation of its European Operational Projects Fund and various co-investment mandates
- Advised Bridgepoint in relation to the formation of Bridgepoint Credit Funds I and II, Bridgepoint Development Capital Funds I, II and III and Bridgepoint Growth Fund
- Advised DWS (Deutsche Bank’s alternative asset management division) on the formation of Private Equity Solutions, a global private equity-focused fund
- Advised Epiris on the establishment of Epiris Fund II
- Advises a number of prestigious investors in respect of proposed commitments to private funds globally
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Bristol University (LLB, Law) 2005
- BPP Law School 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2009
- Partner since 2016
- Global Head of Funds & Investment Management since 2022
Awards and citations
- Alexandra was the youngest member of Private Equity International's Private Funds Management "30 Under 40 Lawyers" list for 2015 and included again in the list in 2017.
- Alexandra was selected as one of Financial News' "40 Under 40 Legal Rising Stars" for 2015. Describing Alexandra as "one to watch", the profile commended her as being "instrumental in interpreting the commercial and practical implications of an increasingly technical regulatory environment for the group's private equity clients".
- Alexandra was listed in the Chambers and Partners UK 2018 directory as "Up and Coming" lawyer in investment funds, which described her as "outstanding" for providing "very clear and proactive service".