Alexandra Davidson specialises in advising investment managers on the establishment and offering of private funds, together with the legal, regulatory and commercial issues relevant to the funds' operation.
Her experience spans a broad range of products and strategies, from large global private equity funds to smaller, bespoke products. Alexandra also represents a number of prestigious institutional investors in connection with proposed private fund commitments.
Alexandra is based in London but has also worked as a Foreign Legal Consultant in the firm's New York office, advising various North American clients on legal and regulatory matters.
Clifford Chance advises AELA Group on portfolio financing for three wind farms in Chile
7 September 2017
Private Funds Update: July 2019
22 July 2019
Private Funds Update - February 2019
15 February 2019
Clifford Chance Private Funds Update: Summer 2018
3 July 2018
Brexit: ESMA signals tougher stance on UK asset manager relocation to the EU
20 July 2017
Fund structures with Scottish Limited partnerships: impact of changes to the UK PSC regime
4 July 2017
Career and qualifications
- Bristol University (LLB, Law) 2005
- BPP Law School 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2009
- Partner since 2016
Awards and citations
- Alexandra was the youngest member of Private Equity International's Private Funds Management "30 Under 40 Lawyers" list for 2015 and included again in the list in 2017.
- Alexandra was selected as one of Financial News' "40 Under 40 Legal Rising Stars" for 2015. Describing Alexandra as "one to watch", the profile commended her as being "instrumental in interpreting the commercial and practical implications of an increasingly technical regulatory environment for the group's private equity clients".
- Alexandra was listed in the Chambers and Partners UK 2018 directory as "Up and Coming" lawyer in investment funds, which described her as "outstanding" for providing "very clear and proactive service".