Alexander Chester specialises in international fund formation, secondaries, and advisory work in the private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure and fund of funds sectors.
Alex's experience covers blind pool funds, secondary transactions, general partner-led restructurings, co-investments and separate accounts. Alex's experience also includes advising on carried interest and executive co-investment arrangements, as well as various internal matters relating to fund managers. He has advised on a number of acquisitions and spin-outs of fund management businesses. He advises managers on the establishment of private funds, including in respect of structuring, marketing, fund terms, investor negotiations and closings, as well as issues arising over the life of the fund. He also advises a number of prominent institutional investors in connection with their proposed commitments to private funds.
- Arcus Infrastructure Partners on the establishment of Arcus European Infrastructure Fund 2 and Arcus' €800m general partner led secondary in Fund 1
- EQT on various carried interest and co-investment arrangements
- Equistone on the establishment of Equistone Partners Europe Funds IV, V and VI
- ICG-Longbow on the establishment of ICG-Longbow UK Real Estate Debt Investments V
- Verod on the establishment of Verod Capital Growth Funds II and III
- Waterland on the establishment of Waterland Private Equity Funds VI and VII
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Oxford (St Hugh's College) 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales in 2010
- Associate 2010 - 2019
- Partner since 2019