Alex Panayides is a Partner in the international commercial arbitration and Contentious Construction Groups, specialising in litigation, arbitration and ADR.
Alex heads the firm's dispute resolution practice for the oil and gas sector and also specialises in disputes within the construction and maritime industries.
- State-owned oil company: conducting arbitration and court proceedings in relation to substantial disputes concerning oil concessions in West Africa
- Major oil company: conducting arbitration proceedings in relation to disputes arising from the construction and development of offshore wind-farms
- Wembley National Stadium: advising the main contractor in relation to various disputes, resolved by English High Court proceedings and Statutory Adjudication
- National oil company: advising in relation to claims arising from the construction of two floating oil storage and production units, resolved by way of English High Court proceedings
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Oxford University (MA Jurisprudence) 1992
- Joined Clifford Chance 1993
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1995
- Partner since 2002
Awards and citations
- Alex Panayides leads the firm's contentious oil and gas practice. Respected by clients as "a great tactician," he works on an impressive range of high-value cross-border disputes.
- Alex Panayides impresses market commentators with the "enormous breadth of his practice" and focuses on commercial arbitrations.
- Alex Panayides is commended as a "dynamic" lawyer who "really works hard for his clients and has a habit of winning." He has core expertise in the oil and gas sector.
- Sources praise him for his "astonishing recollection of facts and brilliant dispute work".
- Panayides "stands out as clever and knowledgeable"
Legal 500 UK