Alex Nourry specialises in all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including the control of mergers and joint ventures, cartels and abuse of market power, State aid and subsidy control, public procurement and foreign investment controls. Alex is a member of the Brussels Bar as well as a Solicitor admitted in England and Wales and regularly represents clients before the EU and UK competition authorities as well as the European Courts across a wide range of industry sectors. Alex is a Vice-Chair of the ICC Global Commission on Competition and a member of the Editorial Boards of the European Competition Law Review (ECLR) and Competition Law Insight (CLI).
- Advising Coca Cola on its acquisition of Costa Coffee
- Advising NEX on its acquisition by CME
- Advising ENGIE on the sale of LNG assets to Total, including advice in relation to merger filings in EU, Egypt, Japan, China, COMESA and Turkey
- Advising a US investment bank on the European Commission's investigation into credit default swaps
View all news and client work featuring Alex Nourry
Career and qualifications
Hull University (LL.B) 1980
- Exeter University (LL.M) 1982
- Admitted as solicitor in England & Wales 1984
- Partner since 1991
- Head of EC Competition Practice in Brussels 1995-1999
- Partner in London Antitrust Practice 1999
Member of the Editorial Board of "Competition Law Insight"
- Member of the CBI Competition Law Panel
Awards and citations
- Ranked Band 2 for Competition/European Law
Chambers UK 2018
- Features in Who's Who Legal as a leading antitrust practitioner
- "Clients say that he is "down-to-earth and has good commercial sense as well as excellent technical knowledge.""
Competition/European Law in Chambers UK 2018
- Identified as a leading individual
Legal 500 UK 2017 for EU and Competition
- "'Fantastic', 'very smart' and 'very experienced' practice head Alex Nourry is praised for his 'pragmatic, business-oriented advice'"
Legal 500 UK 2017: EU and Competition
- "Led by the 'calm and practical' Alex Nourry, who gives 'robust, cerebral’ advice.":
Legal 500 UK 2016: EU and Competition
- "Absolutely excellent and very user-friendly."
Chambers UK 2015: Competition/European Law