Alastair Windass specialises in all areas of employment law. He advises on a wide range of employment, labour and HR issues in the UK and on a cross border basis including: Tribunal and High Court litigation; executive recruitment, remuneration, grievances, disciplinary issues and dismissals; restructurings, redundancies and collective matters; and public and private M&A, outsourcings and employee transfers.
- Advising on complex employment and partnership disputes in the Employment Tribunal, High Court and arbitration tribunals. Recent matters include claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing and contractual disputes concerning misuse of confidential information, allocation of partnership profits and carried interest entitlements.
- Advising on employment issues in M&A transactions, listings and outsourcings.
- Negotiating executive hires and exit arrangements.
- Advising on issues facing regulated employers, including under the FCA/PRA Remuneration Codes and the Senior Managers & Certification Regime.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Oxford University (BA) 2003
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2006
- Partner since May 2021
- Employment Law Association