Charles-Henri Boeringer specialises in white collar crime matters.
Over the last few years, he has assisted clients before criminal authorities and courts at all stages of proceedings, from investigation to final hearing, in very high profile matters involving frauds, corruption or market offences.
From 2010 to 2012, he was seconded to our Hong Kong office where he was working with our Asia Anti-corruption practice. Charles-Henri has also extensive experience in commercial litigation.
Charles-Henri is a member of our global Corruption Risk team. He is the Africa Practice Leader for Risks, Compliance, Investigations.
News and client work
- Renforcement du statut du lanceur d'alerte - Commentaire des principales dispositions de la loi du 21 mars 2022 visant à améliorer la protection des lanceurs d'alerte, Etude by Charles-Henri Boeringer and Karima Chaïb, Droit Pénal n°5, May 2022, LexisNexis
- Cumul de qualifications lors de poursuites concomitantes : chant du cygne pour le principe ne bis in idem ? Charles-Henri Boeringer, Guillaume Courvoisier-Clément, AJ Pénal 2022, p.34
- Les nouvelles recommandations de l'AFA jugées trop formalistes, Charles-Henri Boeringer, Alice Dunoyer de Segonzac, Karima Chaib, Affiches Parisiennes, 12 février 2021
- Responsabilité pénale des personnes morales - Transfert de responsabilité pénale d'une personne morale à une autre en cas de fusion-absorption, Charles-Henri Boeringer, Alice Dunoyer de Segonzac, Sue Palmer, Droit pénal n° 2, février 2021
- Affaire Wildenstein : la chambre criminelle n'a pas peur des trusts, Charles-Henri Boeringer, Guillaume Courvoisier-Clément, Droit pénal n° 2, février 2021
- La convention judiciaire d'intérêt public en enquête préliminaire, Charles-Henri Boeringer, Guillaume Courvoisier-Clément, AJ Pénal, 1er octobre 2020
- Quels enseignements tirer de la deuxième décision de la commission des sanctions de l’AFA ? Charles-Henri Boeringer, Alice Dunoyer de Segonzac, JCP E, 2 juillet 2020, n° 27
- Corruption internationale : nouvelles orientations de la politique pénale française, Charles-Henri Boeringer, Charles Merveilleux du Vignaux, International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics 2020 n° 4, comm. 150, 1er juillet 2020
Career and qualifications
- University Paris II, (LLM) 2000
- Graduated Sciences Po Paris University 2000
- Clifford Chance Paris 2002
- Admitted as a Lawyer in Paris 2003
- Former Secrétaire de la Conférence du Stage du Barreau de Paris 2005
- Lecturer, Sciences Po, Paris University 2007
- Clifford Chance, Hong Kong 2010
- Counsel 2012 - 2018
- Partner since 2018
Awards and citations
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is ranked as one of the 'Next Generation Partners' for the practice.
Legal 500 2022, Dispute Resolution : White Collar Crime - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is ranked as one of the 'Leading Individuals' for the practice.
Legal 500 2022, Compliance - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is noted by one source as being a "thorough and thoughtful lawyer who is completely engaged in the success of his client." With an impressive client portfolio of companies hailing from defence to the financial sector, he is able to provide support across all areas of criminal proceedings. Ranked Band 4
Chambers Europe 2022, White-Collar Crime - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer moves up in the ranking due to excellent market presence. He is noted for his experience in internal investigations as well as anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance programmes. He acts for an impressive roster of French and international corporate clients. One impressed client notes that "Charles-Henri Boeringer is a prominent individual in the French compliance market," and further praises his "guidance and counselling." Ranked Band 2 for Corporate Compliance
Chambers Europe 2022, Corporate Compliance & Investigations - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is ranked as "Leading Individual".
Legal 500 2021, Compliance - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is ranked as "Next Generation Partner".
Legal 500 2021, Dispute Resolution: White-Collar Crime - France
- "Très bonne interface avec les entreprises, il est posé et sympathique. Excellent conseil pour la mise en conformité". Charles-Henri Boeringer dispose d’une grande expérience avec les juridictions répressives. Conseil d’Airbus dans la conclusion d’un accord international avec les autorités française, britannique et américaine, son regard international fait de lui un conseil de tout premier plan en matière de compliance.
Top 40 des avocats du CAC 40 (Forbes et la Lettre des Juristes d'Affaires), Compliance/Pénal, 2021
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is commended by clients for his "great expertise and for being precise and always available."He is noted for his experience in internal investigations as well as anti-corruption and anti-bribery compliance programmes. He acts for an impressive roster of French and international corporate clients.
Chambers Europe 2021, Corporate Compliance & Investigations - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is ranked as "Leading Individual"
Legal 500 2020, Compliance - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is ranked as "Next Generation Partner"
Legal 500 2020, Dispute Resolution: White-Collar Crime - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is increasingly active on the firm's key mandates. He assists clients with internal investigations, compliance with anti-corruption laws and international sanction issues. Clients enthuse: "He is really excellent in his field. He understands the needs of his clients perfectly and he is very responsive and pragmatic too."
Chambers Europe 2020, Corporate Compliance & Investigations - France
- Clifford Chance is instructed by international banks and financial institutions to advise on sensitive money-laundering and tax fraud cases. The eight-lawyer team is also representing a major client facing high-profile anti-corruption investigations and defending a leading pharmaceutical company. Thomas Baudesson and newly promoted partner Charles-Henri Boeringer are recommended.
Legal 500 EMEA 2019, Dispute Resolution: White-Collar Crime - France
- "Clifford Chance is representing leading international banks facing market abuse and insider trading investigations by the AMF. The firm is also defending a credit rating agency in very sensitive matters, including in the first investigation and enforcement proceedings conducted by the European Securities and Markets Authority. It is also acting for a CAC 40 company in another potential insider trading case. Thomas Baudesson is highly experienced and recommended. Diego de Lammerville and newly promoted partner Charles-Henri Boeringer are also key contacts."
Legal 500 EMEA 2019, Dispute Resolution: Stock-Market Litigation - France
- "Clifford Chance is assisting many leading French and international corporations with the establishment of anti-corruption programmes, including high-profile names in the pharmaceutical, aviation and defence sectors. The 16-lawyer team is also advising several clients on audits by the new French anti-corruption agency, Agence française anticorruption (AFA), and on conducting internal investigations in connection with or independently from government-led investigations. It also offers antitrust compliance advice. Thomas Baudesson, newly promoted partner Charles-Henri Boeringer and Katrin Schallenberg are recommended."
Legal 500 EMEA 2019, Compliance - France
- "Clifford Chance has a broad aviation practice, with a team whose 'members complement each other'. The practice has a strong corporate and commercial focus, with Dessislava Savova and Fabrice Cohen forming the heart of the group, as well as a strong litigation and arbitration component alongside regulatory expertise. In a recent corporate highlight, Cohen advised Airbus on its $750m disposal of Vector Aerospace to StandardAero Aviation Holdings, while Savova acted for Airbus on the implementation of a new industrial and commercial strategy for the insourcing of key aircraft components. Thibaud d’Alès represented the Cessna Citation European Service Center in litigation against owners and managers of airplanes arising from the non-payment of repairing works. Other key contacts include Jason Fry, Simon Greenberg and Thomas Baudesson. Charles-Henri Boeringer was promoted to partner in May 2018."
Legal 500 EMEA 2019, Aviation - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer assists domestic and international clients with internal investigations relating to misconduct and anti-corruption. He also advises on the implementation of compliance programmes. Clients appreciate his operational advice, saying: "He is very pragmatic, he adapts to the type of clients he has in front of him."
Chambers Europe 2019, Corporate Compliance & Investigations - France
- "Clifford Chance advises many leading French and international companies on the setting up of Sapin II anti-corruption programmes. The practice is also assisting several high-profile corporations with internal investigations concerning market abuse, corruption and EU law issues, and advises large companies and financial institutions on Iranian sanctions matters. Pfizer, Pernod Ricard and Club Med are clients. Thomas Baudesson, Katrin Schallenberg and counsel Charles-Henri Boeringer are the key contacts."
Legal 500 EMEA 2018, Compliance - France
- "Clifford Chance represents international companies, CDC 40 groups and financial institutions in AMF investigations on insider trading and communication of false company's information. Standard & Poor‘s and FXCM are clients. Thomas Baudesson, Diego de Lammerville and counsel Charles-Henri Boeringer are the key contacts."
Legal 500 EMEA 2018, Dispute Resolution: Stock-Market Litigation - France