Charles-Henri Boeringer specialises in white collar crime matters.
Over the last few years, he has assisted clients before criminal authorities and courts at all stages of proceedings, from investigation to final hearing, in very high profile matters involving frauds, corruption or market offences.
From 2010 to 2012, he was seconded to our Hong Kong office where he was working with our Asia Anti-corruption practice. Charles-Henri has also extensive experience in commercial litigation.
Charles-Henri is a member of our global Corruption Risk team.
News and client work
- La gestion des conflits d'intérêts dans l'entreprise – C-H. Boeringer and T. Baudesson (Revue internationale de la compliance et de l'éthique des affaires, RICEA - N° 26 - 28 juin 2018)
- La responsabilité du top management s'alourdit – C-H. Boeringer, Option finance N°1449, 13 February 2018
- Internal investigations in France - New practice, new challenges – C-H. Boeringer, T. Baudesson, Revue internationale de la compliance et de l'éthique des affaires, RICEA N°40, 06 October 2017
Career and qualifications
- University Paris II, (LLM) 2000
- Graduated Sciences Po Paris University 2000
- Clifford Chance Paris 2002
- Admitted as a Lawyer in Paris 2003
- Former Secrétaire de la Conférence du Stage du Barreau de Paris 2005
- Lecturer, Sciences Po, Paris University 2007
- Clifford Chance, Hong Kong 2010
- Counsel 2012 - 2018
- Partner since May 2018
Awards and citations
- Charles-Henri Boeringer is increasingly active on the firm's key mandates. He assists clients with internal investigations, compliance with anti-corruption laws and international sanction issues. Clients enthuse: "He is really excellent in his field. He understands the needs of his clients perfectly and he is very responsive and pragmatic too."
Chambers Europe 2020, Corporate Compliance & Investigations - France
- Clifford Chance is instructed by international banks and financial institutions to advise on sensitive money-laundering and tax fraud cases. The eight-lawyer team is also representing a major client facing high-profile anti-corruption investigations and defending a leading pharmaceutical company. Thomas Baudesson and newly promoted partner Charles-Henri Boeringer are recommended.
Legal 500 EMEA 2019, Dispute Resolution: White-Collar Crime - France
- "Clifford Chance is representing leading international banks facing market abuse and insider trading investigations by the AMF. The firm is also defending a credit rating agency in very sensitive matters, including in the first investigation and enforcement proceedings conducted by the European Securities and Markets Authority. It is also acting for a CAC 40 company in another potential insider trading case. Thomas Baudesson is highly experienced and recommended. Diego de Lammerville and newly promoted partner Charles-Henri Boeringer are also key contacts."
Legal 500 EMEA 2019, Dispute Resolution: Stock-Market Litigation - France
- "Clifford Chance is assisting many leading French and international corporations with the establishment of anti-corruption programmes, including high-profile names in the pharmaceutical, aviation and defence sectors. The 16-lawyer team is also advising several clients on audits by the new French anti-corruption agency, Agence française anticorruption (AFA), and on conducting internal investigations in connection with or independently from government-led investigations. It also offers antitrust compliance advice. Thomas Baudesson, newly promoted partner Charles-Henri Boeringer and Katrin Schallenberg are recommended."
Legal 500 EMEA 2019, Compliance - France
- "Clifford Chance has a broad aviation practice, with a team whose 'members complement each other'. The practice has a strong corporate and commercial focus, with Dessislava Savova and Fabrice Cohen forming the heart of the group, as well as a strong litigation and arbitration component alongside regulatory expertise. In a recent corporate highlight, Cohen advised Airbus on its $750m disposal of Vector Aerospace to StandardAero Aviation Holdings, while Savova acted for Airbus on the implementation of a new industrial and commercial strategy for the insourcing of key aircraft components. Thibaud d’Alès represented the Cessna Citation European Service Center in litigation against owners and managers of airplanes arising from the non-payment of repairing works. Other key contacts include Jason Fry, Simon Greenberg and Thomas Baudesson. Charles-Henri Boeringer was promoted to partner in May 2018."
Legal 500 EMEA 2019, Aviation - France
- Charles-Henri Boeringer assists domestic and international clients with internal investigations relating to misconduct and anti-corruption. He also advises on the implementation of compliance programmes. Clients appreciate his operational advice, saying: "He is very pragmatic, he adapts to the type of clients he has in front of him."
Chambers Europe 2019, Corporate Compliance & Investigations - France
- "Clifford Chance advises many leading French and international companies on the setting up of Sapin II anti-corruption programmes. The practice is also assisting several high-profile corporations with internal investigations concerning market abuse, corruption and EU law issues, and advises large companies and financial institutions on Iranian sanctions matters. Pfizer, Pernod Ricard and Club Med are clients. Thomas Baudesson, Katrin Schallenberg and counsel Charles-Henri Boeringer are the key contacts."
Legal 500 EMEA 2018, Compliance - France
- "Clifford Chance represents international companies, CDC 40 groups and financial institutions in AMF investigations on insider trading and communication of false company's information. Standard & Poor‘s and FXCM are clients. Thomas Baudesson, Diego de Lammerville and counsel Charles-Henri Boeringer are the key contacts."
Legal 500 EMEA 2018, Dispute Resolution: Stock-Market Litigation - France