Clifford Chance, Madrid
Clifford Chance, Barcelona
Practice area M&A corporate
Sector Banks, Energy & resources, Media, Oil & gas, Power & energy networks, Private equity, Telecommunications
Tel +34915909444 +34933442213
Office Managing Partner, Spain
Jaime Velázquez specialises in M&A and corporate finance, mainly focused in regulated sectors such as financial, infrastructure, telecoms or energy sectors.
Jaime has been the Legal Counsel for the Spanish Inland Revenue in Cataluña, Secretary of the Board of Directors and Legal Counsel for the State-owned Bank (ICO), Secretary of the Board of Directors of a private equity house (Axis S.G.E.C.R., S.A.) and General Secretary and Secretary of the Board of the Telecommunications Market Commission.
Jaime leads the Clifford Chance Industrial and Financial Institutions groups in Spain.
- Advising Masmóvil on the acquisition of Yoigo, the fourth largest mobile operator in Spain.
- Advising Banco Inversis on the acquisition of the Spanish business of Royal Bank of Canada (RBC).
- Advising Plastic Omnium on the EUR 665 million acquisition of Faurecia Automotive Exteriors
- Advising Carrefour on the acquisition of 36 hypermarkets, 8 shopping centres and 22 petrol stations from the Eroski group
Clifford Chance advises Mitsui on its sale of its stake in SmVak
16 January 2018
Clifford Chance advises Citi on the sale of its consumer banking business in Spain
25 June 2014
- Universidad de Extremadura (Law) 1992
- State Lawyer since 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2005
- Managing Partner of the Barcelona office 2007-2011
- Managing Partner, Spain since 2013
- Speaks Spanish and English
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Financial Studies Foundation, since July 2013
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation for the Royal Academy of Jurisprudence and Legislation, since October 2014
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Center for Insurance Research (CIR) in collaboration with the Instituto de Empresa business school (IE)
"Best Spanish Lawyer of the year" by Expansion Awards 2017 for Business Law Practitioners
Corporate /M&A- Chambers Global 2017
Managing partner Jaime Velazquez has notable expertise in corporate and transactional matters relating to the TMT, financial services and infrastructure sectors. Clients say that he is "an excellent professional with deep legal knowledge and a business perspective."
Reform of the Spanish Companies Act and new legal framework for corporate governance
31 March 2015
La reforma de la Ley de Sociedades de Capital y el nuevo marco legal del gobierno corporativo
23 December 2014
Real Decreto 1559/2012, de 15 de noviembre, por el que se establece el régimen jurídico de las sociedades de gestión de activos
23 November 2012
Flexibilización de la gestión de las televisiones autonómicas
17 September 2012
Operaciones corporativas transfronterizas: un nuevo entorno global
13 June 2012
Changes to the regulation of preferred securities (participaciones preferentes)
3 May 2011
Cambios en la regulación de las participaciones preferentes
19 April 2011
Modificaciones operadas por la Ley de Economía Sostenible en el sector de la Sociedad de la Información
18 March 2011
The Spanish government´s plan to strengthen the solvency and credibility of the financial sector
22 February 2011
El Plan del Gobierno Español para reforzar la solvencia y credibilidad del Sector Financiero
21 February 2011